+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we exceed the maximum of 20 photos in the application?

juliakristof

May 5, 2017
It says in the application "Provide a maximum of 20 photos taken at different times in your relationship to prove that it is genuine".

However we want to create our own package in the "Is there any additional information you want to include?" with pictures and screenshots showing that indeed we have been living together for a year (to qualify for common-law relationship) even though we didn't have an address (we were traveling for a few months via bicycle and wild-camping before we moved into our own place).

So, is our limit 20 pages for the ENTIRE application? Or only for that one question to prove our relationship is genuine?

Thank you.

Reactions: sveta

juliakristof

May 5, 2017
Hey, I will share my experience. My husband and I have many red flags on our application, but our lawyer told us to put only 20 pics. If they need more, pics or proofs they will request it. Good luck to you!
What kind of red flags did you have?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
It says in the application "Provide a maximum of 20 photos taken at different times in your relationship to prove that it is genuine".

However we want to create our own package in the "Is there any additional information you want to include?" with pictures and screenshots showing that indeed we have been living together for a year (to qualify for common-law relationship) even though we didn't have an address (we were traveling for a few months via bicycle and wild-camping before we moved into our own place).

So, is our limit 20 pages for the ENTIRE application? Or only for that one question to prove our relationship is genuine?

Thank you.
The 20 picture limit is for the entire app. Follow the instructions.

Pictures don't prove cohabitation. If you don't have any solid proof of cohabitation during that time, you should really consider waiting until you have proofs from a year living at your place.

juliakristof

May 5, 2017

Pictures don't prove cohabitation. If you don't have any solid proof of cohabitation during that time, you should really consider waiting until you have proofs from a year living at your place.
We traveled together by bike from June-September 2018 and then lived in a permanent address from September 2018 - Current. We don't want to wait until september to apply because my boyfriend's working holiday visa expires in November and we want to get him the OWP before the working holiday visa expires.

We have hand written letters signed by both our parents that we were on this cycling trip. We also have reviews written by warmshowers hosts (kind of like couchsurfing.org except for cyclists) with dates, and 2 receipts from motels along the way. We also have flight tickets flying back home together. (In addition to tons of pictures, instagram and facebook posts).

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
We traveled together by bike from June-September 2018 and then lived in a permanent address from September 2018 - Current. We don't want to wait until september to apply because my boyfriend's working holiday visa expires in November and we want to get him the OWP before the working holiday visa expires.

We have hand written letters signed by both our parents that we were on this cycling trip. We also have reviews written by warmshowers hosts (kind of like couchsurfing.org except for cyclists) with dates, and 2 receipts from motels along the way. We also have flight tickets flying back home together. (In addition to tons of pictures, instagram and facebook posts).
Even if you apply in September, he will have Implied Status and be able to continue working.

You are taking a huge risk applying without any common-law proofs for that period of time.

juliakristof

May 5, 2017
Even if you apply in September, he will have Implied Status and be able to continue working.

You are taking a huge risk applying without any common-law proofs for that period of time.
It's a 1 year not extendable working holiday visa - it says that is cannot be extended so I don't think he could continue working. Where did you get that information so that I can read into it?

On the cic website, it sounds like you can only have implied status if you are trying to extend your work permit, not a 1 year non extendable working holiday visa. (WHV and an OWP are different).

Last edited:

Sulwyn

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
It's a 1 year not extendable working holiday visa - it says that is cannot be extended so I don't think he could continue working. Where did you get that information so that I can read into it?

On the cic website, it sounds like you can only have implied status if you are trying to extend your work permit, not a 1 year non extendable working holiday visa. (WHV and an OWP are different).
Took this screenshot from the official IEC facebook page run by the IRCC.

upload

Reactions: andybc

andybc

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018

They changed the rules on that one:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1476&top=25&fbclid=IwAR1jlgUnm2W_HejkudFfUJN2l_oQ9Z5UdOm1ks96ZxqbV9QhiR9-w7CmQp0

Reactions: scylla

juliakristof

May 5, 2017
On that link, at the bottom it says you can have implied status if you've applied to extend your stay as a worker. But he is applying for his PR through a family class sponsorship and applying for an OWP at the same time....

Who can work under implied status
If you have implied status, you can keep working if you’ve applied to extend your stay in Canada as a worker. However, you can only keep working:

• for the same employer
  • under the same conditions, and
  • if you stay in Canada
If you applied for a different type of permit, like a study permit, you can stay in Canada under implied status but you can’t keep working.

wpgielts

Jun 9, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Missisauga
App. Filed.......
04-06-2019
AOR Received.
10-07-2019
Med's Request
29-10-2019
Med's Done....
02-11-2019

Hi, the 20 pics are for the entire application? I submitted my application a few days ago, I included 20 pics to prove the relationship in between me and the sponsor, but for the proof of family recognition, since it is not stating specifically that we cannot submit pics for proof, I also submit some pics for that, but all with the family members and relatives. Is this ok? hope you could help, thank you.

andybc

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
On that link, at the bottom it says you can have implied status if you've applied to extend your stay as a worker. But he is applying for his PR through a family class sponsorship and applying for an OWP at the same time....

Who can work under implied status
If you have implied status, you can keep working if you’ve applied to extend your stay in Canada as a worker. However, you can only keep working:

• for the same employer
  • under the same conditions, and
  • if you stay in Canada
If you applied for a different type of permit, like a study permit, you can stay in Canada under implied status but you can’t keep working.
The link specifically mentions the family class sponsorship OWP:

You have implied status if, beforeyour work permit expires, you apply:

He won't be able to switch employers while on implied status afaik (which would be like only 3 months anyway).

Reactions: YVR123 and scylla

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Hi, the 20 pics are for the entire application? I submitted my application a few days ago, I included 20 pics to prove the relationship in between me and the sponsor, but for the proof of family recognition, since it is not stating specifically that we cannot submit pics for proof, I also submit some pics for that, but all with the family members and relatives. Is this ok? hope you could help, thank you.
Thats fine as long as its few more above the requirement. They say 20 for the entire application so that people stop sending them 100-200 photos which only gets shredded and slows the whole process down for everyone. Photos are a part of proving genuineness and 20 is deemed to suffice that. If more is needed they will request it at a later date.

juliakristof

May 5, 2017
Thats fine as long as its few more above the requirement. They say 20 for the entire application so that people stop sending them 100-200 photos which only gets shredded and slows the whole process down for everyone. Photos are a part of proving genuineness and 20 is deemed to suffice that. If more is needed they will request it at a later date.
Scans/screenshots of flight tickets and receipts don't count as pictures right? We are putting this timeline together (that is already 30 pages long) in the "is there any additional info you want to provide?" section that proves we have been cohabiting together for a year even though it hasn't been at one address (we traveled by bicycle for 3 months and wildcamped most of the time) before we moved in together to one address. We are including screenshots of instagram and facebook photos that have the date in them, 2 receipts for the only 2 hotels we stayed in, warmshowers hosts reviews of the two of us, flight tickets together back home.

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Scans/screenshots of flight tickets and receipts don't count as pictures right? We are putting this timeline together (that is already 30 pages long) in the "is there any additional info you want to provide?" section that proves we have been cohabiting together for a year even though it hasn't been at one address (we traveled by bicycle for 3 months and wildcamped most of the time) before we moved in together to one address. We are including screenshots of instagram and facebook photos that have the date in them, 2 receipts for the only 2 hotels we stayed in, warmshowers hosts reviews of the two of us, flight tickets together back home.
No they don’t count flight tickets and receipts as pictures. Also for the fb & insta screenshots, review of your stay and call logs plus chat messages etc all need to be covered in 10 pages. (You can have multiple on a single page) 30 pages is already way too much.

juliakristof

May 5, 2017
No they don’t count flight tickets and receipts as pictures. Also for the fb & insta screenshots, review of your stay and call logs plus chat messages etc all need to be covered in 10 pages. (You can have multiple on a single page) 30 pages is already way too much.
Where did you get the "10 pages maximum"? It doesn't specify that in the question that asks "Is there any other supporting documentation you wish to provide?"

Reactions: Kevin L