+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can we do two jobs after getting pr

reshma123

Star Member
Aug 12, 2009
hi to all members

can we do two jobs after getting PR or work more than 40 hrs per week.

waiting for reply from all the members.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

reshma123 said:
hi to all members

can we do two jobs after getting PR or work more than 40 hrs per week.

waiting for reply from all the members.
Once you are a PR you can work 24 hours a day 7 days a week if you want.

PMM

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Roger55 said:
So having two jobs is no problem ?
Everybody who replied to your post has answered you correctly. From your question, it is obvious that you have not lived in a European/American country. Just to add to what has already been said, be informed that most people who live in these countries have in fact got more than one job (some 3) to make ends meet.(Pay Bills, Holidays, Mortgages etc.)

Remember, "All that Glitters is not Gold".

Good Luck.

BobbyB

joogle

Star Member
Apr 30, 2009
But keep in mind some employers don't like/hire people who take two jobs. They argue two jobs means 50% energy and they want 100%.

Some require you to be available overtime and in short notice. So when they need you, you can't say you are in your "other" job. Well, you can, but they could fire you!

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
And some call it "Conflict of Interest" when you work in similar industry, but two jobs are allowed and you are free to take any job, if you think your employer doesn't like it then don't start spreading it around that you have a second job.

Legally they cannot do anything with you, however it will be a starting point to be in their radar, I am not saying all employers are like that, but some are and usually its not the employer its the Manager/Supervisor who has the problem. That's why they often say, "People Quit their Manager not their Employer".

Good Luck!

Roger55

Oct 13, 2009
Thanks to all who answered this post. The reason I was unsure, was that I had heard that the govt. limited the amount of hours a person can work weekly. I was sure that was not the case but wanted to be certain.

Thanks again,

roger55