+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we contact IRCC directly for PR questions before submitting the application?

Zoide

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Costa Rica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have several questions about the documents required for my Permanent Residence application.

While this forum has been very helpful, there is a lot of conflicting advice so I'd like to get definitive answers from IRCC itself.

However, their website states that:

"You can contact IRCC through the following options if you have submitted an application from within Canada or online and:

the normal processing time for your application has passed and you cannot verify the status of your application using the online application status tool or
you wish to report important changes about your application, such as births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in job status or
you need urgent processing or
you would like to make a refugee claim"

(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/call.asp)

However, the whole reason I'd like to contact IRCC is to make sure my application meets all the requirements before submitting it.

Is there a way to do that?

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Zoide said:
I have several questions about the documents required for my Permanent Residence application.

While this forum has been very helpful, there is a lot of conflicting advice so I'd like to get definitive answers from IRCC itself.

However, their website states that:

"You can contact IRCC through the following options if you have submitted an application from within Canada or online and:

the normal processing time for your application has passed and you cannot verify the status of your application using the online application status tool or
you wish to report important changes about your application, such as births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in job status or
you need urgent processing or
you would like to make a refugee claim"

(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/call.asp)

However, the whole reason I'd like to contact IRCC is to make sure my application meets all the requirements before submitting it.

Is there a way to do that?

Thanks
1. No, the Call Centre won't help you complete your application, you will have to either follow instructions on www.cic.gc.ca or hire a consultant or lawyer to help you.

Zoide

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Costa Rica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

1. No, the Call Centre won't help you complete your application, you will have to either follow instructions on www.cic.gc.ca or hire a consultant or lawyer to help you.
That's disappointing :(

How much might it cost me to get a lawyer who specializes in Canadian PR applications to advise me and my wife and check our application to make sure everything is in order?

Thanks

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
You are looking at nothing less that $2000. You are better off posting your questions on the forum and someone will reply. Everyone on the forum are really helpful.