+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we buy insurance to cover dialysis treatment

Marillah

Aug 19, 2023
what about if stage 5 doing dialysis if possible to get insurance? I am about to process my PR and i want to bring my husband but hes stage 5 already. Is there any way to come and be PR?

Marillah

Aug 19, 2023
He didnt do medical but my consultant said it will be medical admissible because we dont have insurance and we dont have enough funds . Is there any other way?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
He didnt do medical but my consultant said it will be medical admissible because we dont have insurance and we dont have enough funds . Is there any other way?
When did you get ITA? He must do a medical for PR. No way around it. Insurance has nothing to do with it as once he is PR he is on provincial healthcare. Private insurance would not cover dialysis anyways. Most likely he is inadmissible as you have to prove he is not a burden on the health care system. Dialysis is very expensive. IRCC panel physicians look at the future too and if he needs a transplant then that will be a cost on the Canadian health care system. May want to wait until he has a transplant & his health stabilizes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Taran D

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you are both applying for PR then unfortunately you will likely be medically inadmissable. If you are applying for PR as a married couple both of you need to pass the medical to get PR. If he can’t pass the medical that would mean that you won’t be able to get PR either. When did you come to Canada and what is your status? When did you get married? He knows he needs dialysis so he won’t be able to arrive in Canada and expect free dialysis. If he did attempt to come to Canada and you couldn’t pay he may be able to get an emergency session of dialysis while he waits for his flight home. If you are living in Canada there is a good chance you would be asked to pay for the session or be put on a payment plan to pay the government back. This consultant seems to be giving you bad advice.