+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we ask for Medical expiry extension?

wazim

Sep 14, 2012
Hi

I have a concern about the FSW immigration process regarding my case, hope somebody would shed some light on it.

My case reached LVO in Jan 2010. I was asked to submit medicals for my family in March 2012 along-with Updated family status, Police certificates
and RPRF. We did our medicals in April 2012 and submitted rest of docs as requested including information+fee of our New born child.
We received medical form for our New born child medical in June which we submitted in July 2012.

If everything goes fine with background security checks i'll be asked for PPR-1 next hopefully.Though i don't know about exact dates of my case's
next steps BUT WHAT IF i get my passport stamped and DON'T want to make my first entry before my medical expires ( april 2013 ) ??
Is it possible to ask for extension of medicals from VO or have Re-medicals for me and my family? Is there any way to extend this for 5-6 months ?

=================

NOC 0213
Medical: april-2012
New born medical: July 2012
PPR 1/ PPR 2: Waiting
Visa Issued: Waiting
Landed: Whenever destined by Grace of GOD.

cdn1

Star Member
May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March-2012
AOR Received.
July-2012
File Transfer...
July-2012
Med's Done....
March 2012
Passport Req..
Nov. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
It is best that you use the visas, do the landing in Canada, and then return back. You can give a friend's address for delivery of PR Cards, and a friend can courier them to you, etc.

If you do not use the visa and let it expire, CIC may think that you're no longer interested in Canada, and may close your file. You will have to re-apply for immigration to Canada. Given there's so many changes, I doubt if it will be easier the next time.

I would advise you to not miss the chance, you only get 1 these days.....

CIC does not extend medicals or PR visas.