+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can we apply humanitarian and compassionate ground on this case?PLEASE HELP

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
See replies posted on: May 19, 2014, 12:48:45 pm and May 20, 2014, 02:56:10 pm, by Leon.

Questions you ask have already been answered.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Locked Out said:
are the H&C factors considered when renewing PR or they are only considered when requesting Travel Document ???
Please advice
If you manage to enter Canada without being reported and apply for a PR card right away without meeting the RO, H&C grounds may be considered. However, such a renewal application will be non-routine and likely to take a very long time.

If you really feel that you can not leave your family, then stay. Once the situation is better, you can apply for a travel document with your reasons and hope they will be accepted. However, if they are not accepted, you will lose your PR.

There is really no quick way to go to Canada now and renew your PR card fast in order for you to get a free pass for another 5 years. Even if there was a way to renew your PR card fast based on H&C grounds, that would still not excuse your continuing absences so you would still risk getting reported if you don't meet the RO with a new PR card.

Locked Out

Apr 29, 2014
Hi again,

I entered Canada few days before my PR expiration date, based on not meeting the Residency Obligation, the Border Immigration officer issued a report under subsection 44(1) and a 30 days departure order, and gave me a (notice of appeal-Removal Order Appeal) form in case i want to appeal.
I filled the notice of appeal-Removal Order Appeal up and submit it to IRD ( Immigration Appeal Division ).
my questions are:
- am i staying legally in Canada or not (that my PR is expired now) ?
- do i have the right to work or i need to apply for work permit to be eligible to work in Canada?
- do I have to apply for a PR Renewal or wait for the immigration Court?
- what is exactly my immigration status while waiting for my case hearing?

Thanks in advance

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Locked Out said:
Hi again,

I entered Canada few days before my PR expiration date, based on not meeting the Residency Obligation, the Border Immigration officer issued a report under subsection 44(1) and a 30 days departure order, and gave me a (notice of appeal-Removal Order Appeal) form in case i want to appeal.
I filled the notice of appeal-Removal Order Appeal up and submit it to IRD ( Immigration Appeal Division ).
my questions are:
- do i have the right to work or i need to apply for work permit to be eligible to work in Canada?

Thanks in advance
- No.
- yes, you can work.
- Wait. If you do apply for a renewal, you will only get a single year card.
- Permanent Resident, albeit under report.

Locked Out

Apr 29, 2014
Dear Zardox

zardoz said:
- No.
- yes, you can work.
- Wait. If you do apply for a renewal, you will only get a single year card.
- Permanent Resident, albeit under report.
are you saying that i m not staying legally, am i illegal now? does this mean that the 30-Days departure order will be replaced by a Deportation order? how come i can work although i am Illegal?!!!
do i have to apply for work permit or not?

Thanks

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Locked Out said:
my questions are:
Assuming you properly filed the paperwork to make the appeal, the Removal Order is not enforceable. Thus you continue to have PR status, at least until there is a final decision on your appeal. If you lose the appeal, the Removal Order will become enforceable and your PR status is revoked.

Thus:
Q. - am i staying legally in Canada or not (that my PR is expired now) ?
A. You can stay legally so long as the appeal is pending, since you remain a PR and the Removal Order is not enforceable while the appeal is pending.

Q. - do i have the right to work or i need to apply for work permit to be eligible to work in Canada?
A. Again, you are a PR in the meantime. Thus you have the right to work in Canada in the meantime.

Q. - do I have to apply for a PR Renewal or wait for the immigration Court?
A. As zardoz indicated, you can apply for a one-year PR card, which would allow you to travel outside Canada and return.

Q. - what is exactly my immigration status while waiting for my case hearing?
A. Permanent Resident . . . but allegedly inadmissible (due to breach of PR Residency Obligation) with a removal proceeding pending.

Note: PR status is not dependent on having or being issued a PR card. A PR card is more like a passport than a drivers license. Citizenship does not expire because the passport expires. Neither does PR status. But in the meantime you breached the PR Residency Obligation, so you are subject to proceedings to determine if you are inadmissible. If the IAD upholds the Removal Order, the Removal Order becomes enforceable, you lose PR status, and are then legally compelled to leave Canada (unless you are eligible for and obtain some other status allowing you to remain in Canada).

Probably best to see an immigration attorney and see if you can put together a good H&C case.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Locked Out said:
Dear Zardox

are you saying that i m not staying legally, am i illegal now? does this mean that the 30-Days departure order will be replaced by a Deportation order? how come i can work although i am Illegal?!!!
do i have to apply for work permit or not?

Thanks
My sincere apologies. I misread your first question. Yes, you ARE legally in Canada.

Locked Out

Apr 29, 2014
dpenabill said:
Assuming you properly filed the paperwork to make the appeal,
I only filed up the Notice of Appeal- Removal Order Appeal form (IRB / CISR 666B (2013.04)), i did it myself, i thought there is no need to a lawyer in this phase.
did i made a mistake ? did i have to attach other documents to it ( like describing the reasons that prevented me from meeting the RO requirments ..... )
Please advice

canicomeinplz

Feb 4, 2015
Can you share your experience plz.

which airport you landed?
how Immigration officer questioned you?
why you didnt use the automated immigration doors?

KITTI

May 19, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
If you manage to enter Canada without being reported and apply for a PR card right away without meeting the RO, H&C grounds may be considered. However, such a renewal application will be non-routine and likely to take a very long time.

If you really feel that you can not leave your family, then stay. Once the situation is better, you can apply for a travel document with your reasons and hope they will be accepted. However, if they are not accepted, you will lose your PR.

There is really no quick way to go to Canada now and renew your PR card fast in order for you to get a free pass for another 5 years. Even if there was a way to renew your PR card fast based on H&C grounds, that would still not excuse your continuing absences so you would still risk getting reported if you don't meet the RO with a new PR card.
Mr Leon I already explained the situation my friend is in right now but please I need your opinion also. My friend's PR will expire in a 7 months period and she did not meet the RO because she was taking care of her mum ( a unique child) but now her mother passed away and she would like to regain her canadian dream 'leave to Canada ASAP and stay there for good.But the problem is that she applied for the renewal of her card from her own country, thinking that she is gaining time. What are her chances in all this? Thank you

Locked Out

Apr 29, 2014
canicomeinplz said:
Can you share your experience plz.

which airport you landed?
how Immigration officer questioned you?
why you didnt use the automated immigration doors?
Montreal Airport.

Locked Out

Apr 29, 2014
Locked Out said:
I only filed up the Notice of Appeal- Removal Order Appeal form (IRB / CISR 666B (2013.04)), i did it myself, i thought there is no need to a lawyer in this phase.
did i made a mistake ? did i have to attach other documents to it ( like describing the reasons that prevented me from meeting the RO requirments ..... )
Please advice
Dear Zardoz, Leeon and other guys I need your advice in this point:
did i made a mistake by not submitting the reasons that prevented me from meeting the RO requirments along with the form IRB / CISR 666B (2013.04)????

Thanks all.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
hI

KITTI said:
hello should a person file up the appeal while in the airport or he can file it up later on after taking the advice of an immigration attorney.
1. No, CBSA doesn't accept the appeal at the airport it has to be mailed to the IRB