+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we apply for Student visa & EE at the same time? Please help. Confused

Brenna

Star Member
Nov 19, 2014
Hi,

I am asking this question for my cousin.

He has got admission for a PG Diploma course in Canada and is also eligible for FSW. He is planning to apply for Student visa next week.At the same time can he apply for Express entry or is it better to apply for Student visa first and then after reaching Canada can he apply Express Entry.

Experts,what will be the impact. Can you please give your thoughts on it.

Thanks,
Brenna

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Brenna said:
Hi,

I am asking this question for my cousin.

He has got admission for a PG Diploma course in Canada and is also eligible for FSW. He is planning to apply for Student visa next week.At the same time can he apply for Express entry or is it better to apply for Student visa first and then after reaching Canada can he apply Express Entry.

Experts,what will be the impact. Can you please give your thoughts on it.

Thanks,
Brenna
1. There is no problem, two separate processes.

silent3y3s

Jun 1, 2014
Halifax
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-02-2020
Doc's Request.
NO
Interview........
Not required!
he can apply for both at the same time, no problem.

Deepuvnma

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Hi Seniors,

My student visa approved yesterday. My friend suggested me to apply for EE. I have enough experience and IELTS score.

Can i apply for express entry now?

Does it effect my approved student visa?

Experts please kindly suggest me a good idea.

Thank you :)

Deepuvnma

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Hi Seniors,

My student visa approved yesterday. My friend suggested me to apply for EE. I have enough experience and IELTS score.

Can i apply for express entry now?

Does it effect my approved student visa?

Experts please kindly suggest me a good idea.

Thank you :)

RBSB

May 5, 2021
Hi everybody,
Please help me out with the dilemma I am having.
We applied for the PR last year 2020 in October where my wife was the main applicant. But due to the pandemic, the process has stopped and it is been nearly 8months. Currently, we are in a different country than our home country where our visa will finish in Feb 2022. At this moment I want to go to Canada on a student visa and also received an offer letter for PG Diploma.
Is there anyone who can tell me what would be the best way to put the situation in SOP and show my intention to study there?
Please help me guys I am really in big trouble.
Thanks in advance

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Hi everybody,
Please help me out with the dilemma I am having.
We applied for the PR last year 2020 in October where my wife was the main applicant. But due to the pandemic, the process has stopped and it is been nearly 8months. Currently, we are in a different country than our home country where our visa will finish in Feb 2022. At this moment I want to go to Canada on a student visa and also received an offer letter for PG Diploma.
Is there anyone who can tell me what would be the best way to put the situation in SOP and show my intention to study there?
Please help me guys I am really in big trouble.
Thanks in advance
Do check this please. It will give a better indication of what the officer might be looking for.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/dual-intent-applicants.html?fbclid=IwAR3D9P_ElCreYm-sq41auwja2u3coN-oas80I0kqsoto4n8BBdjGDSJSn_0

Reactions: andrews17

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Thanks for your reply but I am still not clear
From what I understand, you should be able to convince the officer reviewing your file that you can finance yourself and you will leave the country at the end of your study period.

Since you are based out of your home country, you would need to show your links n ties with the home country, especially since your current visa is valid only till Feb 2022.

If you check the list of documents they require as proof of finances, its pretty clear. Gather as many as you can to submit.