+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can we amend the application form after submission

tajinder107

Star Member
Jan 14, 2016
Can anyone tell me if we can change the information provided in the online form submitted or can we send more documents

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Normally, you cannot. If there is a major error in the application form, you can send the corrected form and request the visa office to consider it.

Same for the additional documents.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
my frend have applied and by mistake have not told the usa refusal . what is the way out bryanna, please advise
He must send a Case Specific Enquiry + an email to the relevant visa office ASAP stating he had misunderstood the 'Have you been refused a visa' question in the 'Background Information' section of the TRV form.

That this error was genuine and unintentional.... and that he is declaring this US visa refusal of his own accord without any request from IRCC.

He must provide the details for this US visa refusal too

Reactions: Forte

tajinder107

Star Member
Jan 14, 2016
He must send a Case Specific Enquiry + an email to the relevant visa office ASAP stating he had misunderstood the 'Have you been refused a visa' question in the 'Background Information' section of the TRV form.

That this error was genuine and unintentional.... and that he is declaring this US visa refusal of his own accord without any request from IRCC.

He must provide the details for this US visa refusal too
thank you Bryanna for the information.

tajinder107

Star Member
Jan 14, 2016
Hi tajinder
Did ur friend send the email or fax to canadian embassy? I m also facing the same problem as i failed to mention US visa refusal in my form. Pl help me with your experience. Thanx

yes i sent the email to delhi high commission and also web based specific enquiry

jains.shweta

May 10, 2021
Hi Bryanna,

In my case I will have to apply for study permit till 15th May, can I upload my new passport which I may receive after 15th around May 18th. So can I update to CIC with my new passport number.
Look forward for your answer.

Xxm

Apr 4, 2021
Greetings,
I changed my DLI and sent IRCC a web form attaching the new LOA, payment receipts and letter of explanation.
On Friday they sent me a response email though I want to know what they meant by asking me to contact the nairobi visa office. Anyone pliz help me know whether I must send the same attachments to the nairobi visa office or? The email response is below pliz help me know what I should do?

(Good day Samuel Turyamuleeba,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are pleased to confirm that the information you provided was transferred to the responsible office.

Since your file is located at the Canadian visa office in Nairobi, Kenya, we invite you to contact them too in order to:

Report important changes,
Provide documents,
Add a representative or designated individual on file,
Obtain information regarding the status of your application, or
Enquire on an outcome of a request.
You will find the complete list of visa offices on our website.

Once you have selected the office you wish to contact, you will be presented with the different contact options.)