+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can+ Visa

kandroid79

Dec 24, 2018
Hi, I hold Visitor Visa of USA and have traveled twice there, and wants to apply for Canada Visitor Visa, while I was checking the information for applying Visitor Visa of Canada, I came across a term "CAN+" visa, but couldn't get any information on how to generate a Can+ specific Checklist through CIC account, or how to lodge CAN+ application.

Can I get any help on this.
Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi, I hold Visitor Visa of USA and have traveled twice there, and wants to apply for Canada Visitor Visa, while I was checking the information for applying Visitor Visa of Canada, I came across a term "CAN+" visa, but couldn't get any information on how to generate a Can+ specific Checklist through CIC account, or how to lodge CAN+ application.

Can I get any help on this.
Thanks
There is no CAN+ visa. It is only a type of expedited processing + fewer financial documents can be provided. Nothing else. No guarantees that the TRV will be issued.

Whether or not you are eligible for CAN+ processing will depend on the passport you hold

NotARobot

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
There is no CAN+ visa. It is only a type of expedited processing + fewer financial documents can be provided. Nothing else. No guarantees that the TRV will be issued.

Whether or not you are eligible for CAN+ processing will depend on the passport you hold
Hi Bryanna,
I came across CAN+ in the Document checklist for TRV that is specific to my country. I (Canadian PR, fiance is Canadian citizen) am assisting my parents and sister apply for visitor visa so that they can attend my wedding which will be in June 2019. All three of them have valid US visitor visa and can provide proof of it (entry stamps in passport, proof of the valid visa). According to the checklist, it says that if you are eligible for CAN+ then "no proof of financial support is needed".

My question is, would you guys still recommend showing financial proof. Do you think it will strengthen the application and speed up the application process? Or would you suggest not doing it?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna,
I came across CAN+ in the Document checklist for TRV that is specific to my country. I (Canadian PR, fiance is Canadian citizen) am assisting my parents and sister apply for visitor visa so that they can attend my wedding which will be in June 2019. All three of them have valid US visitor visa and can provide proof of it (entry stamps in passport, proof of the valid visa). According to the checklist, it says that if you are eligible for CAN+ then "no proof of financial support is needed".

My question is, would you guys still recommend showing financial proof. Do you think it will strengthen the application and speed up the application process? Or would you suggest not doing it?
I would still recommend including financial evidence along with evidence of other strong ties to their home country.

For CAN+:
Each applicant must scan the US visa + entry stamp(s) and include them in the cover letter + request for CAN+ processing

Reactions: NotARobot

NotARobot

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
Than
I would still recommend including financial evidence along with evidence of other strong ties to their home country.

For CAN+:
Each applicant must scan the US visa + entry stamp(s) and include them in the cover letter + request for CAN+ processing
Thank you so much Bryanna. Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones!!!

NotARobot

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018

For CAN+:
Hi Bryanna,
Is the cover letter and my invitation letter to them the same thing? I'm asking because I don't see any space to upload cover letter in the GCKEY account I made for my parents. If not, then should I mention the CAN+ processing eligibity and include their valid US visa and entry stamps in my invitation letter?

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Is the cover letter and my invitation letter to them the same thing?
Two different documents.

Cover letter: Your document. Upload in the Optional/Letter of explanation section

Invitation letter: Host document

I'm asking because I don't see any space to upload cover letter in the GCKEY account I made for my parents. If not, then should I mention the CAN+ processing eligibity and include their valid US visa and entry stamps in my invitation letter?
You can mention CAN+ in both documents

Reactions: NotARobot

gloryksingh

Mar 5, 2019
hi,
did you get faster/ CAN+ processing? how long did it take for you to get the passport after submitting biometrics?
i am in a similar situation so seeking help.

May 20, 2019
Hi Bryanna,

I want to apply for Canada Tourist visa under Can+, I have traveled to US twice in 2008 & 2013. And currently holding valid B1B2 visa.

In 2009 I applied for Canada PR under FSW but got rejected by the VO saying my job duties mentioned in the application are not matching the job category I applied for.

I'm planning to visit US in June'19 along with a short trip to Canada for tourism and meeting some of my friends. I'll be traveling alone.

But before applying I have following doubts:

1. Is my limited travel history is enough ?
2. Though letter of invitation is not there in document list, considering my profile do I need to submit letter of invitation from my friend ?
3. Will there be any negative impact of my previously rejected PR application?
4. Or should I drop idea of Can+ and apply through normal process (submitting all documents) ?`

I would like to mention here that I am very well settled in India with my family (wife + 2 kinds ) I have handsome paying job own house and some commercial properties. Now I have no plans to get settled anywhere else.

Thanks,
Abbhi S

Taran456

Aug 24, 2019
Hi
I want to apply canada visitor visa with my family..but the prob is i hold u.s.a valid visa but husband n kids dont have that..can i still qualify for can+?