+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can two partime jobs (NOC A & NOC B) for one year be considered to apply for PR?

Oct 7, 2019
Hamilton
Hi,
I am a recent graduate from McMaster university (Sep 2017- Aug 2019). I joined as a part time research assistant (RA - Category A job) from September 1st 2019.. 20hrs/week in the same lab I did my masters.
Besides I am working as a part time childcare assistant in YMCA (Category B job) from September 3rd 2019... 21hrs/week..
Both are continuous paid part time positions.
I want to apply to PR after a year. I am worried if my jobs will add any points to my profile?
Can two part time jobs under multiple categories (NOC A and NOC B) for 12 months will be considered as a one year full time job to accumulate points?
*I do not have more than 6-8 months experience back home , so I cannot apply under Federal skill. Only option is to apply under canadian skill.
Please help me understand the situation.
Any advices or suggestions will be much appreciated.
Thanks for your time.
~Divya

nri7777

Nov 2, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2019
Hi,
I am a recent graduate from McMaster university (Sep 2017- Aug 2019). I joined as a part time research assistant (RA - Category A job) from September 1st 2019.. 20hrs/week in the same lab I did my masters.
Besides I am working as a part time childcare assistant in YMCA (Category B job) from September 3rd 2019... 21hrs/week..
Both are continuous paid part time positions.
I want to apply to PR after a year. I am worried if my jobs will add any points to my profile?
Can two part time jobs under multiple categories (NOC A and NOC B) for 12 months will be considered as a one year full time job to accumulate points?
*I do not have more than 6-8 months experience back home , so I cannot apply under Federal skill. Only option is to apply under canadian skill.
Please help me understand the situation.
Any advices or suggestions will be much appreciated.
Thanks for your time.
~Divya
yes as long as you were paid and if you can manage to get the required documents for both the NOCs then you are good to go.

Oct 7, 2019
Hamilton
yes as long as you were paid and if you can manage to get the required documents for both the NOCs then you are good to go.
Thank you for the response.
Are you sure that it’s gonna add up like a one year full time experience?
In CIC website, it’s very confusing.
Here is what they say in there :

“You must show that while working in your primary occupation you performed the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC. This includes all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed.

Your skilled work experience must be:

• in the same type of job (have the same NOC) as the job you want to use for your immigration application (called your primary occupation)
  • within the last 10 years
  • paid work (This means you must have been paid wages or earned commission. Volunteer work or unpaid internships don’t count.)
  • at least 1 year of continuous work or 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week). You can meet this in a few different ways:
    • full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • equal amount in part-time: 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
For part-time work, you can work more or less than 15 hours/week as long as it adds up to 1,560 hours.

We don’t count any hours you work above 30 hours/week”

So, I for one part time job I have to wait 24 months to accumulate points. But what if I do 2 part time jobs at the same time for one year under multiple categories was my concern.

I am planning to apply PR next year.

~Divya

nri7777

Nov 2, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2019
Thank you for the response.
Are you sure that it’s gonna add up like a one year full time experience?
In CIC website, it’s very confusing.
Here is what they say in there :

“You must show that while working in your primary occupation you performed the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC. This includes all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed.

Your skilled work experience must be:

• in the same type of job (have the same NOC) as the job you want to use for your immigration application (called your primary occupation)
  • within the last 10 years
  • paid work (This means you must have been paid wages or earned commission. Volunteer work or unpaid internships don’t count.)
  • at least 1 year of continuous work or 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week). You can meet this in a few different ways:
    • full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • equal amount in part-time: 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
For part-time work, you can work more or less than 15 hours/week as long as it adds up to 1,560 hours.

We don’t count any hours you work above 30 hours/week”

So, I for one part time job I have to wait 24 months to accumulate points. But what if I do 2 part time jobs at the same time for one year under multiple categories was my concern.

I am planning to apply PR next year.

~Divya
as far as i know yes you can consider your part time experience and can claim points for the same. you can use up to three noc codes at max and I have seen a similar case like yours on some different forum and that person has already submitted the profile and he is also claiming points for two different part time jobs within Canada but it has to be for minimum 1 year