+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can they deny TRV to people with work permit, applied inside canada?

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
So i have been using an attorney for everything and its been great. I recently got my work permit extension supported by a 00 NOC LMIA. The work permit is good till Oct 2024 now but we don't have a tourist visa.

My attorney has increased his pricing and i feel its too much they are asking for to apply for a tourist visa and i am thinking of doing it myself. Question is, in normal circumstances can IRCC deny tourist visa to someone who lives in Canada and have another 16 months of valid work permit?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So i have been using an attorney for everything and its been great. I recently got my work permit extension supported by a 00 NOC LMIA. The work permit is good till Oct 2024 now but we don't have a tourist visa.

My attorney has increased his pricing and i feel its too much they are asking for to apply for a tourist visa and i am thinking of doing it myself. Question is, in normal circumstances can IRCC deny tourist visa to someone who lives in Canada and have another 16 months of valid work permit?

There is no reason to use a lawyer for a TRV or even a WP. Can easily be done by yourself. You should be able to get approved for a TRV given have a closed WP and are working.