+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can the Restoration of my tourist status be refused?

Mar 16, 2015
Hello everyone please help!!!
I just sent my online application and payed and just realized I made a mistake on my "status "in current country of residence section .
I have lost my status as a visitor for a month :( Unfortunately I was under implied status as I waited for my open work visa and spouse sponsorship to be processed but I got my applications back for missing a signature in a form. My status expired before they notified me about returning the documents. I should have written "OTHER" in my status and I wrote "VISITOR" and I also should have written that I need restoration “Out of status, restoration” and i should have left the from- to blank. I wrote the days I have been in Canada for "
I was wondering if this a huge deal or my application can be refused because of this :-[ :-[ :-X

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - restoration can be refused (even if the application is submitted correctly).

Unfortunately I have no idea if your error will be treated as a big deal or not. Hopefully others will comment.

MeryC

Feb 26, 2015
When I sent my tourist extension application, I realized I didn't sign. So I ve been refused and they offered me option: re send sign application and after month they extended my tourist status. So, you should be ok. :D

MeryC

Feb 26, 2015
Hi there,

I have some questions about visitor extension and restoration status. If anyone can help, I would appreciate.
My situation is next: I sent visitor visa extension on January 24st. Just got positive answer yesterday and they extended visa till June 5 st.
I am in process to get work permit (LMIA sent two and half months ago, still nothing :-[). While I am waiting,would like to stay in Canada and send visitor application again. My question is: Should I apply for extension or restoration? Since time for extension application already pass ( at least 30 days before expiry date), but the thing is- all this time I was in implied status, just got answer yesterday. What should I do?
Also, Is it ok if I add LMIA application with visitor application or this is not good idea.

Thank you so much for reading!