+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can the PGWP be used in a occupation other than the field of study?

WakeUpp

Aug 27, 2023
Hi guys, I hope you’re all doing well. I have a question about PGWP. Can the PGWP be used in a occupation other than the field of study?

I will write a little bit of background about my situation:
I’m from South America and 5 years ago decided to pursue flight training in the US. I completed the training and got 23 months of work permit (In the US the work permit needs to be used in the field of study). Got 1200 flight hours (In Canada this is a good amount of experience) as an instructor and after came back to South America. I’m currently validating my US licenses so I can be eligible to work for airlines here, but the problem is that the opportunities are limited so I’m looking if it’s possible to immigrate to a country with more opportunities like Canada.

If the PGWP can be used in field different of the one I will study would be great since I’m planning to study a 2 year program to earn a diploma in a non-aviation field to be elegible for the permit.

If that’s the case, can I enroll in a two year Business Administration program for example and at the same time fly in a flight school to earn my flight instructor license?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi guys, I hope you’re all doing well. I have a question about PGWP. Can the PGWP be used in a occupation other than the field of study?

I will write a little bit of background about my situation:
I’m from South America and 5 years ago decided to pursue flight training in the US. I completed the training and got 23 months of work permit (In the US the work permit needs to be used in the field of study). Got 1200 flight hours (In Canada this is a good amount of experience) as an instructor and after came back to South America. I’m currently validating my US licenses so I can be eligible to work for airlines here, but the problem is that the opportunities are limited so I’m looking if it’s possible to immigrate to a country with more opportunities like Canada.

If the PGWP can be used in field different of the one I will study would be great since I’m planning to study a 2 year program to earn a diploma in a non-aviation field to be elegible for the permit.

If that’s the case, can I enroll in a two year Business Administration program for example and at the same time fly in a flight school to earn my flight instructor license?
You can work in any field on a PGWP. It is an open work permit.