+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can the embassy know my Balance in bank

walidleeda

Jan 11, 2017
Hello there,

As in the title, Can the embassy ( Saudi Arabia ) or if I applied online, know how much I have in my bank account ?

I mean If my bank statement differ from my current balance, Will they know that ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Yes, the visa office can request your bank to confirm the bank balance/bank statement that you've submitted.

Having said that, it is understood that your bank balance may change (increase/reduce) after you've applied for a TRV due to other transactions. Hopefully, you've not borrowed from someone and then returned the money

Cheers

walidleeda

Jan 11, 2017
Hi,

Yes, the visa office can request your bank to confirm the bank balance/bank statement that you've submitted.

Having said that, it is understood that your bank balance may change (increase/reduce) after you've applied for a TRV due to other transactions. Hopefully, you've not borrowed from someone and then returned the money

Cheers
Are you sure about that ? Do you know someone who get affected by that ? .. I guessed that my bank account is a private info which can not be released without my permission ?

Reactions: Onyiibabe

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
If the visa office suspects a false bank statement or if the bank balance doesn't match the declared sources of income then yes. A visa office can contact the applicant's bank to check the veracity of the bank balance and/or certain transactions. And, yes, banks do disclose this information if requested.

Not just bank statements, a visa office can seek information from any third party sources, including employers, background or security checks, immigration information, etc.

If your bank statement is true and correct then don't worry

walidleeda

Jan 11, 2017
If the visa office suspects a false bank statement or if the bank balance doesn't match the declared sources of income then yes. A visa office can contact the applicant's bank to check the veracity of the bank balance and/or certain transactions. And, yes, banks do disclose this information if requested.

Not just bank statements, a visa office can seek information from any third party sources, including employers, background or security checks, immigration information, etc.

If your bank statement is true and correct then don't worry
Thanks Bryanna, What about if I had a refuse decision from another embassy, let's say USA embassy. Can Canada embassy know that and reflect to their decision ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks Bryanna, What about if I had a refuse decision from another embassy, let's say USA embassy. Can Canada embassy know that and reflect to their decision ?
Canada and the US share immigration data.

If you have any visa refusals, hope you have declared them. Failure to declare visa refusals (not just for the US) and/or entry denied into another country can result in a 5-years ban for misrepresentation

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
When you sign the application you essentially give the government of Canada to look into your records, including private information. Always read the details before you sign!

Reactions: Olive007