+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can study permit and working visa be apllied simultaneously?

poco

Jul 23, 2008
Hi, I am applying for a study permit for a full time student. I have coop in the course that I am planning to enroll and I have planned to work outside the campus. Can I simultaneously apply for student permit and a working visa? Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As a student, you can apply for a special student work permit to work off campus, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-offcampus.asp

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
I guess you have to study 2 full semesters then apply for off campus work permit. First take the student visa and come to Canada. Then apply for off campus work permit from Canada. Go to international service center of your campus, they will guide you throughly.

Thank you.

micheal007

Mar 1, 2013
Hi everyone,

Please I have a similar question. I am currently enrolled in a post graduate program, and it would be completed in April 2013 (convocation is in June 2013). However, my study permit is valid till May 31, 2013 and I'm thinking of applying for both an off-campus work permit and an extension of my permit since it expires on the 31th May. my question is - How long would it take to receive both permits?

Thanks in advance.

soccer12o

Dec 17, 2012
micheal007 said:
Hi everyone,

Please I have a similar question. I am currently enrolled in a post graduate program, and it would be completed in April 2013 (convocation is in June 2013). However, my study permit is valid till May 31, 2013 and I'm thinking of applying for both an off-campus work permit and an extension of my permit since it expires on the 31th May. my question is - How long would it take to receive both permits?

Thanks in advance.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

^^ This might help you.

AlreadyResident

Oct 11, 2012
You can also apply for a co-op work permit when you apply for study permit from your home country. Provided co-op is a mandatory part of your studies and the letter from your college says so.