+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can spouses with approved OWP travel to Canada with Student during Covid-19 restrictions?

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Hi All,

Our family application is approved for all individuals as we applied together. Please wait for some more time, your spouse will be approved too in a day or two. Once your spouse and a kid are approved, you all can fly together without any travel authorization just with a condition that your DLI should be on the readiness plan approved list. Cheers!
Congrats my friend, but we also applied together :( The weir thing is that I received an email from CIC today (not an update) which they mention that my spouse's application is in process!!

scaria197

Star Member
Jun 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2010
Doc's Request.
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Scheduled
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
likewise-we applied together (me, wife, kids) and they still haven't approved my kids SP's and wife SOWP :(

sangennar

Feb 16, 2019
Same here, Italy.
My partner has the SP...Im waiting for my OWP. We applied together under her IRCC profile last June.
Anybody here that has crossed the border with no issue?

• Angry
Reactions: Sad93

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Same here, Italy.
My partner has the SP...Im waiting for my OWP. We applied together under her IRCC profile last June.
Anybody here that has crossed the border with no issue?
I've sent couple of webforms and also asked for GCSM notes. They still reply with we are processing your application! After 5 month. I am thinking about defering my offer because I really can not handle the stress of moving to a new country and be in quarantine alone. Our situation is really frustrating.

sangennar

Feb 16, 2019
I've sent couple of webforms and also asked for GCSM notes. They still reply with we are processing your application! After 5 month. I am thinking about defering my offer because I really can not handle the stress of moving to a new country and be in quarantine alone. Our situation is really frustrating.
but you CAN travel with your partner! Is stated on IRCC website.
Anyway I'm waiting from 6 months...unbelivable

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
but you CAN travel with your partner! Is stated on IRCC website.
Anyway I'm waiting from 6 months...unbelivable
How, my spouse applied for the SOWP and I know that if he comes via eTC, it will be so hard to change the type of visa over there.

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
He does
What do you mean for eTC?
Hedoes not have visa! how can he come to Canada with me when they did not issue his visa? he can apply for visitor visa via eTA but first problem is they do not let him into the country with visitor visa because that is not valid for travel excemption and second is IF he can come to Canada with visitor visa he can not change the type of the visa to work permit easily

sangennar

Feb 16, 2019
when he arrives at border and he explains the situation, Im not 100% sure, but it is possible to receive the work permit especially if he has a job invitation