+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can spouses with approved OWP travel to Canada with Student during Covid-19 restrictions?

ShaUCan

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
That is true, but so far it seems that IRCC either approved both or denied both if applied at the same time. I imagine there are exceptions if spouse is medically inadmissible or overstayed before, but it is more of extraordinary circumstances rather than a law
Yes. I was referring specifically to the statement ' There are thousands of frauds who will send their Wife first for study and then husband will apply visa after for easy entry. Ircc can very well delay spouse visa in this case. ' which made no sense at all. If they do it together or separately, they check for the eligibility and approve or reject based on that. How easily someone judges people as fraud!

ceuazul

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Will do, I wrote them a query asking to approve both of us since we are exempt now. They didn't reply to my letter yet, so that gives me hope that maybe they will remember about my husband and give him at least BVL. Our timelines got separated since he had to go through additional exams, thus pushing the passing date for 3 months. His medical is now passed, but I really want for us to come to Canada together
Hi have you and your husband received the PPR or POE letter so far? I received my BVL yesterday, but no updates on my husband profile and we have applied together

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Hi have you and your husband received the PPR or POE letter so far? I received my BVL yesterday, but no updates on my husband profile and we have applied together
Hi! I received PPR first, and a day later my husband got BVL and PPR. Right now I have a counterfoil and POE letter in my GC key. My husband mailed his passport on Friday so we are currently waiting for his counterfoil, POE letter and travel authorization letter

Reactions: ceuazul

ceuazul

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Hi! I received PPR first, and a day later my husband got BVL and PPR. Right now I have a counterfoil and POE letter in my GC key. My husband mailed his passport on Friday so we are currently waiting for his counterfoil, POE letter and travel authorization letter
After you received the BVL how long took to receive the other docs in your profile? I am asking because if by tomorrow I don't receive anything on my profile I'll send a webform. I need to contact my school to have my 14 days quarantine approved. Not sure they send all docs separately...

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
After you received the BVL how long took to receive the other docs in your profile? I am asking because if by tomorrow I don't receive anything on my profile I'll send a webform. I need to contact my school to have my 14 days quarantine approved. Not sure they send all docs separately...
I personally received BVL in August along with the approval message (not PPR). Thus, I was only waiting for passport request and got it on October 22nd. My husband (SOWP) got both BVL and PPR on the same day a few hours apart. Send a webform with enrollment verification because just a webform might get ignored

Reactions: ceuazul

ceuazul

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
I personally received BVL in August along with the approval message (not PPR). Thus, I was only waiting for passport request and got it on October 22nd. My husband (SOWP) got both BVL and PPR on the same day a few hours apart. Send a webform with enrollment verification because just a webform might get ignored
I just received the POE letter and my husband the BVL, so I guess his PPR request will come in sequence... Thank you for your help!!

Reactions: janesama

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Dear friends, my cousin called the IRCC's call center in Canada today and asked about the situation of my spouse's application (he applied to OWP 4 months ago and got no update yet) and the lady told my cousin that even if he gets his OWP he needs a job offer to be able to travel with me!! Is this true? Why they are changing the rules every day

scaria197

Star Member
Jun 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2010
Doc's Request.
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Scheduled
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
That is BS..the agent likely has no idea what she is speaking. If this was the rule how can we explain some applicants and their families getting decisions together( SP and SOWP)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
That is BS..the agent likely has no idea what she is speaking. If this was the rule how can we explain some applicants and their families getting decisions together( SP and SOWP)
Just because study permits or SOWP are approved doesn't mean one can travel.

Reactions: Sad93

DianaFilip

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Just because study permits or SOWP are approved doesn't mean one can travel.
Well, as per my knowledge. I know spouses who have travelled together recently. Immediate family members are allowed to travel. If your point is towards WP, what is Open Work Permit? Which means you don't need a job otherwise it makes no sense

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Well, as per my knowledge. I know spouses who have travelled together recently. Immediate family members are allowed to travel. If your point is towards WP, what is Open Work Permit? Which means you don't need a job otherwise it makes no sense
If a school doesn't have a quarantine plan then the student can't travel. If you have an OWP and are not travelling with your spouse you don't qualify to travel without proof that you are employed. Just because you have an approved permit doesn't mean you can travel at the moment so although people are getting approved for permits travel isn't guaranteed.

Reactions: lanp2606

DianaFilip

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
If a school doesn't have a quarantine plan then the student can't travel. If you have an OWP and are not travelling with your spouse you don't qualify to travel without proof that you are employed. Just because you have an approved permit doesn't mean you can travel at the moment so although people are getting approved for permits travel isn't guaranteed.
Yes of course. If university is not on the approved list then no one is allowed. But @scaria197 pointed that job is not required to travel with spouse if you have OWP.

scaria197

Star Member
Jun 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2010
Doc's Request.
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Scheduled
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
So I believe SOWP and a Travel exemption letter= Spouse can fly

Reactions: ShaUCan and Sad93

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
The problem is I got my second stage approval and ready to flight but unfortunately they have not approved my spouse's open work permit yet. So, if I forced to travel alone next month and my spouse gets his approval after, can he fly to Canada alone to join me? because it is not our fault that they didn't issue the visa at the same time!