+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can sponsor leave canada?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Because i’m trying to get answers from those who has experienced the same case before.
You've posted in a number of places and you've gotten your answer. You're taking a risk by doing it. Asking others about their experiences isn't going to help you. Even if someone else wasn't denied in a similar scenario it certainly does not mean you won't be. Additionally, you're looking at threads that are years old - things are fluid and change often with immigration. Every case and officer is different, and none can be nor should be compared.

inda

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
This is bad information and completely incorrect. To qualify as a sponsor, a PR MUST be physically living in Canada. This is above and beyond the residency application. We have seen plenty of examples here where trips of a few months resulted in an application refusal. Based on what we've seen here, if you keep your trips under a month - you're OK. If it's longer than a month, you are jeopardizing your application.

If your husband was able to visit you as a PR for months at a time while your application was in progress - then you simply got very very lucky. If CIC had found out, you would have been refused.
I am curious Skyla what do you do. ? You were very active for past decade! which I cannot imagine normal people do!