+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can someone please tell me if cash salary really works? Decline ITA?

Ayushi006

Aug 23, 2022
Any update on your case ?
I am planning to apply for FSW. Have a decent score as well because I have a Masters degree recently completed (assessed by WES) and previous 1 year certificate in Canada in 2011 (bonus points).

However, I am not sure if my work experience will count at all. My NOC was 1223 and I was working as a Recruitment Consultant for a small company in India from 2017-2018. My work experience is legit, the company is legit, and has a decent web presence. I was looking at some older posts in this website and I saw that many people received ADRs for cash salaries asking for things like attendance registers, proof of work assignments, email communications, etc. I cannot provide all of that since the experience that I am claiming is almost 5 years old now. What to do now? I am pretty sure that I'll get an ITA by next draw as my score is really close. Should I decline it? Should I try to now find a job in a suitable NOC where I am paid properly through electronic transfers, have my tax deducted and then file for an ITA?

I spoke to my previous employer and he is willing to provide a reference letter (according to CIC standards), salary certificate mentioning I was paid in cash. Moreover, I can print a few backdated cash vouchers from the internet and he can sign it because I did legitimately work there. But it seems like that all of this won't be enough since I don't have an ITA return.

While IRCC officially only needs a reference letter, I did see many cases where employees received cash salary being asked to provide a lot of documents further on during ADR.

Is it even worth it to apply? Or am I wasting my time? Perhaps it is better to find a new job in a suitable NOC where I am paid properly and can where I can file an ITR at the end of the year. I am quite depressed that my legit work won't be counted but if I am bound to be rejected then it's better to look for a new job in a suitable NOC.
Lmk how can I get I. Contact with you!!