+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can someone please share a sample SOP for Study permit after 1st refusal?

Oct 10, 2013
Hello All,
My study permit was rejected because of the below reasons:
1. Insufficient Financial proof
2. Not satisfied that the applicant will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized to stay.

Can someone please share a sample SOP for the Study permit after 1st refusal?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What did your GCMS notes say. These are generic responses. Financial proof doesn’t need a SOP as you show that you have the funds or not.

Oct 10, 2013
What did your GCMS notes say. These are generic responses. Financial proof doesn’t need a SOP as you show that you have the funds or not.
Hi,
The above statement is from GCMS notes. I did show the required proof of funds along with GIC and 1st year fees payment. The course itself was for 1 year, yet I received a rejection on below 3 grounds:
1. Course selected
2. Insufficient funds
3. Not satisfied that the applicant will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized to stay.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
The above statement is from GCMS notes. I did show the required proof of funds along with GIC and 1st year fees payment. The course itself was for 1 year, yet I received a rejection on below 3 grounds:
1. Course selected
2. Insufficient funds
3. Not satisfied that the applicant will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized to stay.
So what is your education and work background? How does taking a Canadian program advance your career in your home country. It seems they don’t think your course selection is appropriate. Funds - what are your funds other than the GIC...how will you support yourself on just a GIC. They don’t think you are a bona fide student.