+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can someone confirm the fees that I need to pay for a family class and work permit?

James W

Star Member
May 21, 2017
Hi! I am a Canadian citizen sponsoring my under family class. I would like to confirm the payment required for the family class application (for only my wife) and a work permit. I already paid for these two online. This is what I paid: $550 and $155
If I made a mistake, please let me know. I plan on sending the application soon.

Thank you!

James

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi! I am a Canadian citizen sponsoring my under family class. I would like to confirm the payment required for the family class application (for only my wife) and a work permit. I already paid for these two online. This is what I paid: $550 and $155
If I made a mistake, please let me know. I plan on sending the application soon.

Thank you!

James
No...work permit is 255. Work permit fee and open work permit holder (can't remember exact wording)

James W

Star Member
May 21, 2017
So my wife needs to pay for a work permit $155 and an Open work permit holder $100 for a total of $255.
And we need to cancel the $550 in order to pay for the right amount which is $1040.

Please confirm that my totals are correct.

Thank you!

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
So my wife needs to pay for a work permit $155 and an Open work permit holder $100 for a total of $255.
And we need to cancel the $550 in order to pay for the right amount which is $1040.

Thank you!
OWP is right, you can wait to pay the right of permanent residence fee until later but you may as well pay it now

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017

Thank you!
Still it depends. If you apply a outland spousal sponsorship, then there is no OWP option for you to apply. The OWP only applies to inland spousal sponsorship, which it is required that your wife has to be in Canada, when you submit the inland spousal sponsorship.

James W

Star Member
May 21, 2017
Still it depends. If you apply a outland spousal sponsorship, then there is no OWP option for you to apply. The OWP only applies to inland spousal sponsorship, which it is required that your wife has to be in Canada, when you submit the inland spousal sponsorship.
Thank you!