+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can someone answer some questions for me?

AAL1984

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
Hi guys,

I have never had to deal with immigration stuff, so I am new to all this.

I sponsored my wife inland, and sent the application by FedEX to CIC on AUG 23 2011.

Ok, so now what?

I see a lot of people here know when the CIC began processing their application and such? But I did not receive any kind of letter from the CIC stating they received the application and will begin processing it etc..

Also I am really worried if I sent them enough proof of the marriage being real, as the marriage was arranged as per traditional middle eastern custom. It is a real marriage and we do live together. I gave them whatever information is required in the form ie i sent them pictures of all the wedding ceremonies, and one trip picture, so 4 pictures total. In hindsight I should have just sent them a whole Album.

Am i likely to run into problems with the CIC in terms of proving the marriage? Would love to hear from other applicants with similar cases.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should be getting approval shortly an August 22nd appplicant got an answer, also if they require more proof they will either request proof or request and interview.

For now lets hope you get the sponsorship approval and then its off to your VO.

AAL1984

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
Kedeisha said:
You should be getting approval shortly an August 22nd appplicant got an answer, also if they require more proof they will either request proof or request and interview.

For now lets hope you get the sponsorship approval and then its off to your VO.
Thank you for your reply. It was my understanding that approval in principal takes 8-11 months for inland applications.

I just want to know that before that, are they supposed to send you some sort of letter or something stating they got your application?

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ok is your application an inland application meaning you sent it to CPC-V or outland u sent it to CPC-M to process?

If its Inland first stage is 10-11 months and outland sponsorship is 70 days working on appls received August 15 and then add the outlan VO processing time.

AAL1984

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
Kedeisha said:
ok is your application an inland application meaning you sent it to CPC-V or outland u sent it to CPC-M to process?

If its Inland first stage is 10-11 months and outland sponsorship is 70 days working on appls received August 15 and then add the outlan VO processing time.
Yes, its inland sent to Vegriville Alberta. So you get no response from them or any kind of letter for 10-11 months right? Am I correct to assume that?

lyvly

Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
check ur status @ ECAS its where u will know if they have rcv and started processing it

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AAL1984 said:
Yes, its inland sent to Vegriville Alberta. So you get no response from them or any kind of letter for 10-11 months right? Am I correct to assume that?
Thats correct u will get no acknoledgement that it was received and u can check the website to see what date apps they are processing inland for now we all just sit tight and wait.