+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can some one please help ? im completley lost

Elcoop

Feb 22, 2017
iv recent been looking into moving to canada with my girlfriend who is a canadian citizen born an raised in quebec . if some one could point me in the right direction i would really appreciate it . okay so we have been together now for almost one year and we have been living together for basically all of that time . were backpackers and because of the nature of travelling it just made financial sense to live together early . its coming to the point were her visa expires in jul ( we will have been living for more than a year and a half at that time ). we want to continue the relationship but obviously we cant continue it here . so we decide to go to canada because its the better of our two options .

so far i have been researching a lot about family sponsorship as it relates to the rest of canada but im not sure how it differs for quebec. does the process differ much ?

my main concern now is whether to apply for inland or out land visa. iv hear 3 months is a optimistic time frame for the process meaning if i we were to apply then i would have to do it very soon if we dont want to spend time apart . my concern with this is that we will only just have a year together but if i wait till we arrive in canada (probably august September) we will have more time together and therefore more time together and more evidence of the legitimacy of the relationship.

if i choose an inland application is it still simple to get an open work permit ? i heard there was a pilot programme that made this simple but this has since expired . did it continue ?

if i were to choose inland and leave the country before the process finished would this hurt my chances if i applied again

does anyone know of any free consultation services?

thank you for any advice given i realise this is a lot of information and a lot to ask i appreciate anyone who has taken the time to read this

thank you
Owen