+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can refugee in USA apply for Express Entry if meets requirements !!

zk_may

Jun 11, 2015
Hello all,

I am requesting advise from all of you.

My sister and family lives in USA with Refugee status. Can she apply for Express Entry ?

She got Masters degree from back home, got more than 2 years experience of Teaching.
After completing few certificate courses, she is working as a teacher in USA for more than one and half years now.

Under NOC 4032 Elementary School and Kindergarten teacher, she meets all the requirements.

Can she apply ??

Please help me, thanks.

zk_may

Jun 11, 2015
My sister applied as Political Refugee and she is working through Work Permit.

Employment requirements

• Early childhood educators
    • Completion of a two- to four-year college program in early childhood education or A bachelor's degree in child development is required.
    • Licensing is required in Ontario and certification is required in British Columbia for early childhood educators. Licensing for early childhood educators is usually required in all other provinces and territories.
  • Early childhood educator assistants
    • Completion of secondary school is required.
    • Experience in child care is required.
    • Completion of an early childhood education assistant certificate program or post-secondary courses in early childhood education may be required.
    • Licensing by a provincial or territorial association as an early childhood educator may be required.

My sister does not have these certificate or license as she lives in USA.

Can she apply ??

Tara

Star Member
Jan 15, 2009
Yes they should be able to apply. I read somewhere on forums few DACA people got PR via express entry, then why not your family.