+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can really ordering ATIP delay citizenships process ?

Nonameforthis

Aug 30, 2019
I called the call centre to see if there’s any updates about my application and as I expected nothing has changed since 18+ months. After talking to an agent, he said that I ordered ATIP notes and when I do it , it freezes my application for certain amount of time , not giving any specific days etc..
Do you guys have any idea about that since I don’t think the agents give reliable infos.

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
did you request ATIP records before applying citizenship? or during citizenship application?

I called the call centre to see if there’s any updates about my application and as I expected nothing has changed since 18+ months. After talking to an agent, he said that I ordered ATIP notes and when I do it , it freezes my application for certain amount of time , not giving any specific days etc..
Do you guys have any idea about that since I don’t think the agents give reliable infos.

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019
Your information is not true. I requested ATIP on Sep 9. My ATIP was prepared by the IRCC on Sep 13. So, some were not updated. For example, FP wasn’t received yet and criminality was in progress, etc. I received my ATIP report on Oct 09.

However, both the call Center and Web form query confirmed me that my FP was received on Sep 17 and criminality check was clear.

Nonameforthis

Aug 30, 2019
Your information is not true. I requested ATIP on Sep 9. My ATIP was prepared by the IRCC on Sep 13. So, some were not updated. For example, FP wasn’t received yet and criminality was in progress, etc. I received my ATIP report on Oct 09.

However, both the call Center and Web form query confirmed me that my FP was received on Sep 17 and criminality check was clear.
Thanks for your response. This was the agent‘s info.

Reactions: k300k3

hanuz06

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018

Did you receive ATIP in paper form? I can see the time gap between preparation and receiving.

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
Of course that it delays. Not just for you, but also for everyone else.
IRCC resources that could be assigned to citizenship applications processing are assigned to ATIP processing instead.

Blink_

Jan 30, 2015
It delays nothing
it's electronic based, no-one takes their bottom off the chair to retrieve ATIP for you
no need to worry

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was told the same when I was applying for immigration that if I order the ATIP it would delay my application, and I did order it several times with no delay what so ever.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

I was told the same when I was applying for immigration that if I order the ATIP it would delay my application, and I did order it several times with no delay what so ever.
1. The only real delay would be if you ordered a copy of the physical file. I has to be pulled out of processing and photocopy and then information received from 3rd parties, have to be removed unless the 3rd party gives a waiver.
2. People working at CIC (It's legal name) in Privacy and Access to information, don't process applications, Access and Privacy is their only job.

Reactions: k300k3