Can protected person move to Germany!?

kimkemy

Mar 20, 2022
Toronto
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Refugees
Hi I m protected person and I got my PR. I want to move to Germany!! Can I move l!! or do I have to apply again in Germany as refugee!? Or as Canadian Pr. I can just start to look for job in Germany and once I find a job I just have to move or refugees are not allowed to move to another countries!!?
Note: I m from North Africa and I applied for refugee here because of my country in North Africa

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi I m protected person and I got my PR. I want to move to Germany!! Can I move l!! or do I have to apply again in Germany as refugee!? Or as Canadian Pr. I can just start to look for job in Germany and once I find a job I just have to move or refugees are not allowed to move to another countries!!?
Note: I m from North Africa and I applied for refugee here because of my country in North Africa
You can’t just move to Germany. You’ll need to qualify to work or immigrate to Germany just like anyone else from your home country or any other PR who is a protected person from Canada. You don’t qualify to apply for asylum in Germany. Applying for asylum is a one time deal. Do you have a job offer from a German company? It is actually quite difficult to move to Germany unless you have an EU passport, qualify for something like IEC or have a job offer and employer willing to deal with the German bureaucracy. I would suggest waiting until you have Canadian citizenship to move. Will be much more difficult to relocate as a protected person without having to use your home country passport. Do you currently have a skilled job that is needed in Germany? Do you work for an employer who has offices in Germany? Do you speak German?

Last edited:

kimkemy

Mar 20, 2022
Toronto
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Refugees
I studied the German language in my country but Ofcourse I need to refresh it and practice. I don’t have job offre but I m suffering and struggling in Canada. I have to pay 2000 for rent and 700 for grocery and 1000 for my car for insurance monthly payment and gas. I m single mom and I m very tired I can’t keep living in this stressful situation like this. In Germany my friend she pay 500 dollars rent and 400 dollars groceries and everything is much less than here, so I m just looking for better life and especially less stress. Plus Germany is too close to Europe I don’t have to pay a lots of money when I travel. Like last time to go to Europe I paid 2700 dollars for me. And my son only. I m tired of the stressful life in Canada. What about if I want to apply for study in Germany!! I m I eligible!!????

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I studied the German language in my country but Ofcourse I need to refresh it and practice. I don’t have job offre but I m suffering and struggling in Canada. I have to pay 2000 for rent and 700 for grocery and 1000 for my car for insurance monthly payment and gas. I m single mom and I m very tired I can’t keep living in this stressful situation like this. In Germany my friend she pay 500 dollars rent and 400 dollars groceries and everything is much less than here, so I m just looking for better life and especially less stress. Plus Germany is too close to Europe I don’t have to pay a lots of money when I travel. Like last time to go to Europe I paid 2700 dollars for me. And my son only. I m tired of the stressful life in Canada. What about if I want to apply for study in Germany!! I m I eligible!!????
But you’re safe , right ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You can apply to study in Germany. You aren’t a citizen so once you leave Canada you will not be meeting residency obligations most likely. Ask your questions on German immigration sites.

Reactions: kimkemy

kimkemy

Mar 20, 2022
Toronto
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Refugees
Yes I m safe. But my mental health now is not safe because of this stress and I have permanent depression and mental disability. So I just need to live and work in a country with less stress and I think that is my right!!! Yes I will apply to study but I do have a Canadian permanent resident and I don’t visa. Plus I do have my Canadian travel documents and I was in Germany last month I entered without visa and was nice and easy. Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes I m safe. But my mental health now is not safe because of this stress and I have permanent depression and mental disability. So I just need to live and work in a country with less stress and I think that is my right!!! Yes I will apply to study but I do have a Canadian permanent resident and I don’t visa. Plus I do have my Canadian travel documents and I was in Germany last month I entered without visa and was nice and easy. Thank you
Like Canada, you will need to show that you can afford to study in Germany. You need to look into bringing your child with you too. So seek guidance on German immigration/study sites

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
2700€ for you and your son to travel to Europe, pay for housing, transportation and all food? That isn’t possible. Were you staying with friends? Did you have to pay for all your own transportation? Is your child under 2 so didn’t have to purchase a flight? Did you pay for all of your food? Was thos for a week? Germany is also facing inflation and significant housing shortages and rental increases. Where is a single mother paying only 500€ in rent for a 2 bedroom flat?That is not the standard rental rate. Is this social housing or a small town in Eastern Germany? The cost of utilities in Germany will be extremely high especially this winter. Germany is definitely not as affordable as you think. As a newcomer to Germany (not an asylum seeker) or international student you won’t qualify for any of the government support programs. To move to Germany to study you will need to show that you can support you and your child financially. Rent, food, transportation, utilities, health insurance, etc. That will require showing a decent amount of savings. Without a child it is much easier to reduce expenses by living with lots of roommates,. Visiting Germany is easy but that doesn’t mean moving to Germany is easy. You are also not a Canadian citizen which may complicate your ability to qualify for many immigration programs. If you leave Canada without qualifying for citizenship you may end up without citizenship in Canada but also without citizenship in Germany either. Getting PR or citizenship in Germany is much harder than in Canada. Think you need to do a lot more research about the true cost of living. If you want to study you’ll need to apply to a university if you have the savings to support you and your child. Believe that entry to public universities are quite competitive. Are you wanting to do a masters degree? Undergraduate? If not studying you’ll need to be working to stay in Germany past 90 days. In general you are going to face financial pressures in most of the world these days as a single parent unless you are making over the average income. Moving to another city in Canada may be a better option if you are looking to reduce some of your costs like rent.

Included proof that Germany is also facing a cost of living crisis like everywhere else in the world. Your friend’s costs co not represent average household costs:
https://www.dw.com/en/german-angst-reaches-fever-pitch-amid-cost-of-living-crisis/a-63423150
https://www.euronews.com/2022/10/16/hundreds-protest-in-berlin-as-the-cost-of-living-continues-to-rise
https://www.aa.com.tr/en/economy/germans-biggest-concern-is-rising-cost-of-living-study-/2710859

Some information about moving to Germany:
https://www.german-way.com/for-expats/living-in-germany/getting-a-residence-permit-for-germany/how-to-immigrate-to-germany/
https://canada.diplo.de/ca-en/consular-services/visa/-/1671718

Reactions: Masjuy

kimkemy

Mar 20, 2022
Toronto
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Refugees
Thank you for your message but it is not that hard. And yes I did my search very well. For my friend house rent amount I m sure 100 percent I was there I just came from Germany October 18 and food rent and life expenses in my friend area more cheaper than here plus less stressful life not like here. For the citizenship I know that it may end it up without Canadian citizenship or Germany citizenship but I care only now about the stress and presence that I m experience it right now I don’t care about anything else anymore. Talking is easy but the reality is Taf and painful especially for a single mom struggling to find a job and pay rent and expenses and never stop thinking about everything. Just a note in Germany There’s so many paid training that you get paid to learn get diploma and start work. They called Ausbildungsberufe. I know it is getting harder every where but we need to live better because we deserve it. Thank you

Masjuy

Dec 6, 2020
Thank you for your message but it is not that hard. And yes I did my search very well. For my friend house rent amount I m sure 100 percent I was there I just came from Germany October 18 and food rent and life expenses in my friend area more cheaper than here plus less stressful life not like here. For the citizenship I know that it may end it up without Canadian citizenship or Germany citizenship but I care only now about the stress and presence that I m experience it right now I don’t care about anything else anymore. Talking is easy but the reality is Taf and painful especially for a single mom struggling to find a job and pay rent and expenses and never stop thinking about everything. Just a note in Germany There’s so many paid training that you get paid to learn get diploma and start work. They called Ausbildungsberufe. I know it is getting harder every where but we need to live better because we deserve it. Thank you
Just add to other responses
Do you know about of influx refugees from Ukraine? All those people are trying to find job too.
Honestly did you think maybe your friend is jealous. This is just my guess.

Btw I am single mom too with 2 kids, just move to small town and you will be paid the same but expenses will be less

kimkemy

Mar 20, 2022
Toronto
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Refugees
Honestly I was just asking a question!! But I don’t like negativity and I like to take it easy! I found that you are accused my friend that she may jealous. That’s very bad that you just judged someone that you don’t know. And who told you that I discussed this with my friend!!? Plus do you think that I decide and I take decisions in my life because of my friend opinions !!? Please leave me alone!! I just asked a question!! Please everyone there’s a limit we just try to respect each other and stay positive and optimistic and most important don’t try to force me change my opinion, no one can knows what I n going through. I hope you don’t answer me back. Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Have you looked at the rental rates across Germany especially recently? Is your friend getting subsidized housing? Did they start renting 5+ years ago and haven’t moved? Did they arrive as an asylum seeker? If so, you can’t compare what they have access to and what you’ll have access to. I also know many people in Germany and they are definitely not paying 500€ for a 2 bedroom flat. As someone without status in Germany or EU you don’t have the right to a vocational training spot. You will need a visa to qualify for a vocational training spot. Many employers are unwilling to take on anyone without a secured future in the EU because they will be training people without knowing whether they can remain in Europe. The payments for many low skilled vocational training is not a lot. If you can pass the test to qualify for high skilled technical training then that is very different and you get paid slightly more but you will not qualify for additional support payments to subsidize your income, health insurance, etc. as a foreigner. You will still need to show that you can support your family to get a visa, to rent a home, etc. You never get the true sense of expenses as a visitor. With the amount of Ukranians that recently entered Germany it will be even harder to find housing. It’s your choice but your essentially putting yourself at risk from having to return to your home country based on your plan.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Honestly I was just asking a question!! But I don’t like negativity and I like to take it easy! I found that you are accused my friend that she may jealous. That’s very bad that you just judged someone that you don’t know. And who told you that I discussed this with my friend!!? Plus do you think that I decide and I take decisions in my life because of my friend opinions !!? Please leave me alone!! I just asked a question!! Please everyone there’s a limit we just try to respect each other and stay positive and optimistic and most important don’t try to force me change my opinion, no one can knows what I n going through. I hope you don’t answer me back. Thank you
You mentioned your friends rental rate as an example of housing being much more affordable in Germany. A breakdown of all your friends costs and whether they are receiving any benefits from the state would actually be helpful. If they arrived as a refugee as well you won’t qualify for the same things.