Visa Office......
CVAC Kathmandu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hope to visit soon
CIC already started CAN+ Pilot Program for the country of India/China/Mexico where CIC mentioned clearly that any one of these country if already earlier visited either USA or Canada or has valid USA Visa,they can apply under CAN+ Program. Success rate of the applicant is 90% who already submitted Canadian TRV Visitor Visa under Can+ Program.Currently this pilot project is going on just for three country but step by step it would be start to applicable rest of country.So,before applying Canadian Visitor Visa,you should try to obtain US Visitor Visa First because if you have valid US Visa,your chances to obtain Canadian Visitor Visa would be more than as usual existing.Please don't ignore one vital point-If you have valid US Visa,you will get other country visa very easily but if you have rest all of world country visa in your passport,there is no guarantee that you can get US Visa.So,in stead of Canadian Visa,try to obtain US Visa first to strong your elements to obtain other country visa like Canadian Visa.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
So,before applying Canadian Visitor Visa,you should try to obtain US Visitor Visa First because if you have valid US Visa,your chances to obtain Canadian Visitor Visa would be more than as usual
Do you have statistics to confirm this?

Currently this pilot project is going on just for three country but step by step it would be start to applicable rest of country.
There's no time frame set out for this. If and when this happens, it may not cover every country worldwide.

If you have valid US Visa,you will get other country visa very easily but if you have rest all of world country visa in your passport,there is no guarantee that you can get US Visa.
Again can you prove this?

To make you aware, CAN+ was introduced only to reduce the TRV processing time for experienced travelers from India, China and Mexico. Nothing else.

Also, applicants for the CAN+ program must prove previous travel to either the US or Canada in the last 10 years.... hence, CAN+ is not limited to previous travel to the US.

Next, there is no guarantee that someone who applies under CAN+ will be issued a TRV. There have been TRV refusals as well for people who have US visas/traveled to the US and applied under CAN+

Azad2020

Star Member
Nov 27, 2015
Kathmandu,Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
CVAC Kathmandu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hope to visit soon
Bryanna said:
Do you have statistics to confirm this?
There's no time frame set out for this. If and when this happens, it may not cover every country worldwide.

Again can you prove this?

To make you aware, CAN+ was introduced only to reduce the TRV processing time for experienced travelers from India, China and Mexico. Nothing else.

Also, applicants for the CAN+ program must prove previous travel to either the US or Canada in the last 10 years.... hence, CAN+ is not limited to previous travel to the US.

Next, there is no guarantee that someone who applies under CAN+ will be issued a TRV. There have been TRV refusals as well for people who have US visas/traveled to the US and applied under CAN+
You are right.Currently there is no time frame for CAN+.But as CIC started as pilot project & currently Liberal Party came in to Government,so there is very potentiality to become more liberal regarding TRV issue than earlier conservative government.To obtain Canadian TRV Visitor Visa (I am mentioning only Visitor not other like study or work) US Visa or US Tour is an strong essential element to prove about travel history which we can not ignore at all.This is a common usual question for all of us,if any one never visited UK,Europe,USA,Australia,New Zealand how can they expect to visit Canada just for tourist purposes.But it is more fruitful elements for those who already earlier visited in the US as a visitor or have valid US Visitor Visa & will visit USA soon....so this type of applicant if demand to visit Canada,it logic become more powerful & strong reason which Canadian VO normally can not ignore without any specific reason.........

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Azad,

I seriously recommend you understand the basics of who/how/why an applicant may/may not be issued TRVs.... before you promote the virtues/absolute necessity of having US visas in order to get TRVs. Backgrounders on the CIC website will help you for this.

This is a common usual question for all of us,if any one never visited UK,Europe,USA,Australia,New Zealand how can they expect to visit Canada just for tourist purposes.
Again, not true.

I don't believe Canada appears/is perceived to be the ultimate tourist destination (for visa purposes).... with the UK/Europe/Australia/NZ coming first in the queue..... or one *must* visit these other countries first before applying for Canada TRVs.

Just like having a US visa does not guarantee a Canada TRV.... having visited these other countries for tourism does not again ensure a TRV for tourism.

The common factor between all these countries is the stringent visa process..... unlike typical tourist countries like Singapore, Thailand, Dubai, Mauritius, etc. which are liberal in issuing visitor visas to almost anyone.

And, you may also want to go through this forum to discover that scores of people who have NEVER traveled abroad in their lives, have been issued TRVs...... there's a reason why *strong ties to the home country/country of residence* matter more than travel history/visas in the passport.

so this type of applicant if demand to visit Canada,it logic become more powerful & strong reason which Canadian VO normally can not ignore without any specific reason
To be issued a TRV is considered to be a privilege..... and not a right. No one can demand a TRV even if they have US visas/visit the US often.

Hi Bryanna,can you kindly inform more about Canadian Transit Visa?As Canadian Transit Visa Holder,can any one able to outside just for a few hours or not?
You will need a TRV if you wish to remain beyond immigration/security areas for a few hours

Cheers

Azad2020

Star Member
Nov 27, 2015
Kathmandu,Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
CVAC Kathmandu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hope to visit soon
I am agreed with you and really appreciated your deep concern regarding Canadian Visa matter.

Azad2020

Star Member
Nov 27, 2015
Kathmandu,Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
CVAC Kathmandu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hope to visit soon
Bryanna said:
Hi Azad,

I seriously recommend you understand the basics of who/how/why an applicant may/may not be issued TRVs.... before you promote the virtues/absolute necessity of having US visas in order to get TRVs. Backgrounders on the CIC website will help you for this.

Again, not true.

I don't believe Canada appears/is perceived to be the ultimate tourist destination (for visa purposes).... with the UK/Europe/Australia/NZ coming first in the queue..... or one *must* visit these other countries first before applying for Canada TRVs.

Just like having a US visa does not guarantee a Canada TRV.... having visited these other countries for tourism does not again ensure a TRV for tourism.

The common factor between all these countries is the stringent visa process..... unlike typical tourist countries like Singapore, Thailand, Dubai, Mauritius, etc. which are liberal in issuing visitor visas to almost anyone.

And, you may also want to go through this forum to discover that scores of people who have NEVER traveled abroad in their lives, have been issued TRVs...... there's a reason why *strong ties to the home country/country of residence* matter more than travel history/visas in the passport.

To be issued a TRV is considered to be a privilege..... and not a right. No one can demand a TRV even if they have US visas/visit the US often.

You will need a TRV if you wish to remain beyond immigration/security areas for a few hours

Cheers
Hi,can you tell me more about "FCC"(Five Country Conference) which already make an internal agreement between five country (US,UK,Canada,Australia & New Zealand) to exchange biometric finger print share. Meantime kindly let me know either US or Canada can able to access the EU base database EURODAC or not?

Sahilsahil123

Jun 19, 2018
Hello everybody, I am new to this page and i do have queries related to CAN+ visa. Well, one of my friend just went to canada on study visa and now he came back to india because of some personal reasons. His TRV will expired on Aug 21/2018. So is he eligible in applying tourist visa Under Can+ category. But he dunt want to go on study visa.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello everybody, I am new to this page and i do have queries related to CAN+ visa. Well, one of my friend just went to canada on study visa and now he came back to india because of some personal reasons. His TRV will expired on Aug 21/2018. So is he eligible in applying tourist visa Under Can+ category. But he dunt want to go on study visa.
When does he intend to travel?

Sahilsahil123

Jun 19, 2018
Well Thanks Brayanna to reply me back, well he just went to canada in Nov 2015 and came back in feb 2018, he just want to go to there only for tourist purpose, So what u personally think like will he get a visa for canada under CAN+

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Well Thanks Brayanna to reply me back, well he just went to canada in Nov 2015 and came back in feb 2018, he just want to go to there only for tourist purpose, So what u personally think like will he get a visa for canada under CAN+
If he is applying for a new TRV shortly before/after the current TRV expires in August, he can request for processing under CAN+. There's no guarantee that this request will be considered.

Even if he applies under CAN+, I recommend he must submit evidence of his finances and strong ties + keep the visit to just a couple of weeks max

Sahilsahil123

Jun 19, 2018
Hahahha great confusion bro., u gonna laugh looking at this query, actully he also lost his passport in india with valid TRV and he dunt have visa and he is not studying in any college. But he has study permit

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hahahha great confusion bro., u gonna laugh looking at this query, actully he also lost his passport in india with valid TRV and he dunt have visa and he is not studying in any college. But he has study permit
Most unfortunate.... otherwise he could have traveled using that TRV :p

Hope he filed a police complaint + submitted all the other paperwork to get a new passport. He will need to apply for a new TRV from scratch. His previous TRV is gone, no longer exists .... poof!!`

He can apply under CAN+ anytime. It's advisable, however, to remain in India for a few months more before applying for this new TRV