+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can primary applicant do the landing first while dependent waiting for CoPR

arorkama

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
Hi,

I am the primary applicant and I received my passport and CoPR on 10th March. Planning to do the landing tomorrow.
But my spouse is in India and he did send his passport for visa stamping. He have not received his passport and CoPR yet.

Can I do my landing before my spouse gets his passport and CoPR or not.

Please advise ASAP.

rks0101

Oct 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Arorkama

The primary applicant can land first and dependent/spouse can land later. dependent/spouse cannot land before the primary applicant.

Hope this helps!

arorkama

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
rks0101 said:
Hi Arorkama

The primary applicant can land first and dependent/spouse can land later. dependent/spouse cannot land before the primary applicant.

Hope this helps!
Thanks rks0101,

My only concern is, me landing before my spouse getting his passport and CoPR will not cause any issue for my spouse.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
arorkama said:
Thanks rks0101,

My only concern is, me landing before my spouse getting his passport and CoPR will not cause any issue for my spouse.
No it will not.
RKS0101 is correct

Good luck

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
arorkama said:
Hi,

I am the primary applicant and I received my passport and CoPR on 10th March. Planning to do the landing tomorrow.
But my spouse is in India and he did send his passport for visa stamping. He have not received his passport and CoPR yet.

Can I do my landing before my spouse gets his passport and CoPR or not.

Please advise ASAP.
hi need small info. you send PP in Canada and your spouse sent in India. right??
when they ask for PPR and both are at different countries somehow then we can do stamping seperately ??

arorkama

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
caththisking said:
hi need small info. you send PP in Canada and your spouse sent in India. right??
when they ask for PPR and both are at different countries somehow then we can do stamping seperately ??
The primary applicant can request the change of VO for the dependents and has to send his/her passport first. Then they will send you another email for the change of VO. Once you get the email, your dependent can submit their passport.

In my case, we cannot send passport out of country that's the reason I had to go through this route. If your country allows to send the passport to Canada, you can send all the passport together to the same office.

Daywalker666

Mar 25, 2017
Hi,
I recently received COPR request email!! I am a bit confused about the letter. It has mentioned my name and UCI number, but my spouse's name or UCI number is not there. Will she receive a separate email from them ? or is it just one mail that we can use to submit both our passports to VFS ? Please let me know if you have any idea about it. Thanks a lot in advance!!