+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can primary and secondary applicant land separately if CRS score was shared?

raghubedi2004

Mar 2, 2016
Hi Experts.

I am from India and I have been invited to apply for Express entry and have submitted my documents and fees within 60 days.
Now I am waiting for the status to be changed.
Meanwhile I have a question in my mind for which I would like to have an answer.
My total points were 458 which got accumulated because of my experience, IELTS score, education etc along with my wife's. Which means I used my Wife's details to make it to 458.
Now my question is that, once my PR comes, do we need to go to Canada (for the first time) together as complete family (Me as primary applicant and my wife and 3-year old daughter as secondary applicant), or can I go there early and then call my family later on (lets say after 3-4 months) ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can land separately but PA has to land first. Everyone must land in Canada before the expiry date mentioned on the COPR so that imposes a restriction on dependents' landing plans.

raghubedi2004

Mar 2, 2016
Thanks for your reply Asivad.
What about the funds? do we have to separately show the funds when we both land in Canada separately?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raghubedi2004 said:
Thanks for your reply Asivad.
What about the funds? do we have to separately show the funds when we both land in Canada separately?
POF may be asked when the PA lands. As this formality is dispensed with when the PA lands, dependents aren't questioned about settlement funds.