+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can PR be revoked?

Blaze1987

Aug 4, 2019
There was the time I was surprised as well that people were able to claim just to be separated from their previously married spouse (not even legally separated) and then they can take in different partner as his or her spouse for immigration purposes. In order for that to happen they should not live together with the previous one for certain period of time and then live with the new person for some time.
In this case he was at the same time living with the new person (not just a love affair, but really living together) and at the same time claiming relationship with his legal wife (his application for PR is a proof of that). so with that said he actually did commit a fraud at very least. (for what I know it might even be classified as a bigamy).
From what I understand at least 1 child is involved in this matter and it might still be nasty regardless if she pursue it or not (hello battle for right for the child). That is exactly the moment where she wants to show who that partner is and just how little that child has to gain from him. If he had not problem to lie her for years, what would stop him to use the child as a "hostage".
In my case i wasnt part of his application actually he kept alot of that private even the papers even though i was guiding him through it. He had a misrepresentation case already trying to get PR that was dropped when we hired a good lawyer. The CBSA officers thought he didnt submit claims about our sons birth but he did they didnt see it. so when they detained him they went through his phone found our messages and questioned him about the relationship. the case was dropped and was given a new interview by CBSA based on the fact he shouldnt have been detained in the first place he had submitted proper documents for our son. That part I dont know what he said as he refused me to come there with him to the new interview (red flag). Even though our relationship was part of the questioning. I assumed he told them the truth... but in 2016 the legal wife arrived (actually he didnt even tell me they came I found out through facebook) that was alarm right there but again his family and him convinced me otherwise. Im assuming now he told that CBSA officer he wasnt living with me. that we had a fling got pregnant and he was just helping out our child sometimes until the wife came. Im pretty sure now he lied to that officer. I feel so stupid.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
In my case i wasnt part of his application actually he kept alot of that private even the papers even though i was guiding him through it. He had a misrepresentation case already trying to get PR that was dropped when we hired a good lawyer. The CBSA officers thought he didnt submit claims about our sons birth but he did they didnt see it. so when they detained him they went through his phone found our messages and questioned him about the relationship. the case was dropped and was given a new interview by CBSA based on the fact he shouldnt have been detained in the first place he had submitted proper documents for our son. That part I dont know what he said as he refused me to come there with him to the new interview (red flag). Even though our relationship was part of the questioning. I assumed he told them the truth... but in 2016 the legal wife arrived (actually he didnt even tell me they came I found out through facebook) that was alarm right there but again his family and him convinced me otherwise. Im assuming now he told that CBSA officer he wasnt living with me. that we had a fling got pregnant and he was just helping out our child sometimes until the wife came. Im pretty sure now he lied to that officer. I feel so stupid.
Why did you not report him or tell the lawyer when he was sponsoring his family especially when they arrived.

jatt-going-canada

Jan 27, 2012
B.C
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
august 2007
Doc's Request.
jan 2011
Med's Request
jan 2012
Med's Done....
jan 2012
Interview........
nope
Passport Req..
jan 2012 along with medicals
VISA ISSUED...
october 30 2012
LANDED..........
nov 16 2012 :D
Contact your MP. Ministerial requests are handled with high priority

Blaze1987

Aug 4, 2019
Why did you not report him or tell the lawyer when he was sponsoring his family especially when they arrived.
I found him the lawyer but he was the one interacting with him and talking about the case ect. As I mentioned before I thought after that CBSA officer he fixed up his application until i found out they came here. prior he told he had no choice to add her as they couldnt get divorced until getting here where divorce is legal. and it would affect his application (at that time i was worried my young som wouldnt have his father). Initially I was mad when i found out they came threatened to report it... but again he convinced me legally she was allowed because it was still legal on paper. And his family also ensured me there was nothing to worry about. that they were seperated. Its hard to explain but it was alot of telling me things i didnt double check accuracy and his family support that i felt it was true...

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I found him the lawyer but he was the one interacting with him and talking about the case ect. As I mentioned before I thought after that CBSA officer he fixed up his application until i found out they came here. prior he told he had no choice to add her as they couldnt get divorced until getting here where divorce is legal. and it would affect his application (at that time i was worried my young som wouldnt have his father). Initially I was mad when i found out they came threatened to report it... but again he convinced me legally she was allowed because it was still legal on paper. And his family also ensured me there was nothing to worry about. that they were seperated. Its hard to explain but it was alot of telling me things i didnt double check accuracy and his family support that i felt it was true...
Honestly, there is nothing further that this forum can offer you. You have been provided with the link to report him for immigration fraud. Note that once you make the report, your involvement ends; you will not be kept informed if they decide to start an investigation and you will not be told the outcome.

Anything regarding your child is a family law matter.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just from a sheer curiosity, which country is not supposed to allow divorces. As you can divorce even in countries like Saudi Arabia or Sudan (and is much easier if you are a man to begin with).

also something interesting for you to read. If you are in BC, he most likely did commit a bigamy.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/4-myths-about-common-law-relationships-1.1315129

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
just from a sheer curiosity, which country is not supposed to allow divorces. As you can divorce even in countries like Saudi Arabia or Sudan (and is much easier if you are a man to begin with).

also something interesting for you to read. If you are in BC, he most likely did commit a bigamy.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/4-myths-about-common-law-relationships-1.1315129
Philippines.

Not bigamy. Provincial rules do not matter.

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-46/section-290.html

Bigamy
  • 290 (1) Every one commits bigamy who
    • (a) in Canada,
      • (i) being married, goes through a form of marriage with another person,
      • (ii) knowing that another person is married, goes through a form of marriage with that person, or
      • (iii) on the same day or simultaneously, goes through a form of marriage with more than one person; or
    • (b) being a Canadian citizen resident in Canada leaves Canada with intent to do anything mentioned in subparagraphs (a)(i) to (iii) and, pursuant thereto, does outside Canada anything mentioned in those subparagraphs in circumstances mentioned therein.