+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can PR be renewed before it expire after completing 730 days?

iahh

Dec 21, 2011
Hi experts,

I have completed 730 days as PR on Dec 4th. My PR will expire on Sep 2014. I need to move for 2-3 years. Can I apply for my PR renewal for the next 5 years now? Will CIC accept my application? OR they will just return it saying that my PR is still not expire.

Thanks.

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iahh said:
Hi experts,

I have completed 730 days as PR on Dec 4th. My PR will expire on Sep 2014. I need to move for 2-3 years. Can I apply for my PR renewal for the next 5 years now? Will CIC accept my application? OR they will just return it saying that my PR is still not expire.

Thanks.
I find this interesting and I am sure your request sounds awkward even to yourself (no disrespect).

I don't know your situation and there might be a dire need for you to move immediately but why don't you just make a sacrifice and stay one more year, apply for citizenship and then leave for as long as you want? It will save you a lot of hassles.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I tried applying early and they just timed my new PR card to be ready exactly when the old one expired. You are still ok to leave for 2-3 years even if your PR card expires in the meantime. You would just need a travel document to return. If you still meet the 730 day requirement when you want to go back, you will get it, go to Canada again and apply to renew then.