+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can photo copy of Passport possible to send for approval??

kathyaposada

Jun 27, 2012
Hi,,

Hi, anybody could help us to make this topic clear to us? Me and my friend are presently working here in GCC, and we applied to canada, now we have approved LMO, and our next step should be sending our documents along with our original passport to abu dhabi,, but our problem is our present company now doesnt allow us to take our original passport, is it possible we can send our full scan copy of our passport along with our residence visa??
is it true also that it will takes 4 to 6 months the processing time for approval of woking visa in abu dhabi canadian embassy?

Please i would be happy for the answers that can help us a lot since we are new and dont have any idea bout this.

Thank you,

europegirl

Mar 21, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
NOC 6474 LCP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-feb.2012
Doc's Request.
Completed. 17-Feb.2012
AOR Received.
25-Apr. 2012
IELTS Request
No IELTS Required
Med's Request
2-Jul-2012 dated 25-June-2012
Med's Done....
11-July-2012 Result sent July 18, 2012
Interview........
25-06-2012
Passport Req..
SUbmitted together with other Documents 17-Feb. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
October 2012
kathyaposada said:
Hi,,

Hi, anybody could help us to make this topic clear to us? Me and my friend are presently working here in GCC, and we applied to canada, now we have approved LMO, and our next step should be sending our documents along with our original passport to abu dhabi,, but our problem is our present company now doesnt allow us to take our original passport, is it possible we can send our full scan copy of our passport along with our residence visa??
is it true also that it will takes 4 to 6 months the processing time for approval of woking visa in abu dhabi canadian embassy?

Please i would be happy for the answers that can help us a lot since we are new and dont have any idea bout this.

Thank you,
What position did you applied for? As far as I know, you can send the photocopy of your passport if you need a TWP. when the VO receive your application and they will review it. If you complete all the desired documents needed under your position, they will send you receipt and MAYBE medical request as well. Between this time, you might also get a phone interview. After all these, that's the time they will ask your passport to be send the VO.

For you to be sure, make a letter of explanation,why you don't have the original passport, and let your employer signed it. :)

I'm not sure about the processing, but it will take longer if you have incomplete documents and the VO ask for more documentation from your employer.

I hope this will a bit. :)

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I haven't enough experience with this to know if they will accept a photocopy of the PP at the start of the process, so wait for more responses. You will have to send the original PP at some point in order to get the visa, so what will you do then?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Pippin said:
I haven't enough experience with this to know if they will accept a photocopy of the PP at the start of the process, so wait for more responses. You will have to send the original PP at some point in order to get the visa, so what will you do then?
The answer is no, they won't accept a photo copy. From the Document checklist for Riyadh Valid passport or travel documents: You must include your original passport or travel document and a copy of
the photo page (bio-data page) with the application

mannual

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if you are UAE applicant Yes. Only photocopy of passport and visa copy is fine in Abudhabi. Once your TRV is released embassy will requested passport so you need to send your passport via courier or you may go yourself for stamping visa. So be sure in UAE they no need to send original passport toghter with other application. but i dont know other GCC except UAE. Coz We all are foreign worker in UAE ,as a foreign worker we no need to send medical also in Abudhabi. Because we already did medical and visa in UAE. And its legally very strict country for holding passport with employer. And for visa stamp its decision on visa officer it might take 4-6 month or only 4 weeks .HOPE IT MIGHT HELP YOU THANKS

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
If there's a will there's a way. Same with me when I'm in taiwan. My employer hold my passport. It's your document so if the visa is approved there's no way that they can't give you your passport back. Don't be afraid to ask for it. Sino b nasa passport?

uaeindian

Aug 15, 2012
mannual said:
if you are UAE applicant Yes. Only photocopy of passport and visa copy is fine in Abudhabi. Once your TRV is released embassy will requested passport so you need to send your passport via courier or you may go yourself for stamping visa. So be sure in UAE they no need to send original passport toghter with other application. but i dont know other GCC except UAE. Coz We all are foreign worker in UAE ,as a foreign worker we no need to send medical also in Abudhabi. Because we already did medical and visa in UAE. And its legally very strict country for holding passport with employer. And for visa stamp its decision on visa officer it might take 4-6 month or only 4 weeks .HOPE IT MIGHT HELP YOU THANKS
Hi mannual

I have submitted my application on 27th May 2012 and i get email from CIC-Abu dhabi to submit passport which i (along with family) submitted on 30th July 2012. Till date i don't received my passport back. Do you have any experience that normally how many days it will take to return of passport. My family are in india and i need their passport so they can fly back here.
Your are anyone from forum reply will help lot to me. Thanks

mannual

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
uaeindian said:
Hi mannual

I have submitted my application on 27th May 2012 and i get email from CIC-Abu dhabi to submit passport which i (along with family) submitted on 30th July 2012. Till date i don't received my passport back. Do you have any experience that normally how many days it will take to return of passport. My family are in india and i need their passport so they can fly back here.
Your are anyone from forum reply will help lot to me. Thanks
uaeindin congratulation for visa approvall.just wait few more day to comeback your passport . I think because of Ramadan and high volume application embassy processing is delayed .one of another post somebody return his passport after 25 days with visa stamp. So be patience . by the way what post did you apply and from where you apply?!?

uaeindian

Aug 15, 2012
mannual said:
uaeindin congratulation for visa approvall.just wait few more day to comeback your passport . I think because of Ramadan and high volume application embassy processing is delayed .one of another post somebody return his passport after 25 days with visa stamp. So be patience . by the way what post did you apply and from where you apply?!?
Hi Manual

I have applied for engineering post from Abu dhabi.
I got email from CIC-Abu Dhabi on dated 16th August 2012 to submit one additional document which i have submitted on 21st August 2012. Now i hope i will get visa without any further queries or requirement. now praying god to approved my visa application and return passport as early as possible.

mannual

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
uaeindian said:
Hi Manual

I have applied for engineering post from Abu dhabi.
I got email from CIC-Abu Dhabi on dated 16th August 2012 to submit one additional document which i have submitted on 21st August 2012. Now i hope i will get visa without any further queries or requirement. now praying god to approved my visa application and return passport as early as possible.
best of luck 'at least embassy keep asking ur missing document ,be sure ur visa will be granted soon

uaeindian

Aug 15, 2012
mannual said:
best of luck 'at least embassy keep asking ur missing document ,be sure ur visa will be granted soon
Hi manual

I have submitted required document on 21st August but till date no response. I am praying god to return back passport with visa. Without passport i can't travel outside and i want to go india.

Whats your status?

anne1024

Star Member
Aug 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2012
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
none
AOR Received.
none
IELTS Request
none
File Transfer...
none
Med's Request
none
Med's Done....
none
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
Oct. 30, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 31, 2012
hi i just sent my documents this morning, only photocopy of your passport will do? san ka magsesend sa abu dhabi ba?

mannual

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
uaeindian said:
Hi manual

I have submitted required document on 21st August but till date no response. I am praying god to return back passport with visa. Without passport i can't travel outside and i want to go india.

Whats your status?
Hi it’s really so hard to waiting. .. My status is on the process. I got e-mail replay past 2 weeks ago. But I check bank draft is not yet debited. I think it really takes 1-6 months as it says in embassy website] for good news 4 my case. Keep praying .............