+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can People Enter Canada/Quebec Airports with Copies of Quebec Selection Certificates (CSQs)?

Frank Thomas

Apr 15, 2019
Hello,

So my wife and daughter just got their Quebec Selection Certificates (CSQs), but since they don’t yet live in Canada/Quebec, I’m going to have to mail them to my wife in my home country. In the meantime, I have scanned and emailed the originals to my wife and to the processing office at the Canadian High Commission in Dakar, Senegal, which handles applications for family members in African countries.

I am curious nonetheless, if my wife and daughter were to travel to Canada with the photocopies of their Quebec Selection Certificates and not the originals, could that cause them any problems at the port of entry/airport in Quebec? I know one of the originals of their CSQs is for their personal use and the other seems to be for immigration officials, because it is labeled “Immigration Canada.”

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

So my wife and daughter just got their Quebec Selection Certificates (CSQs), but since they don’t yet live in Canada/Quebec, I’m going to have to mail them to my wife in my home country. In the meantime, I have scanned and emailed the originals to my wife and to the processing office at the Canadian High Commission in Dakar, Senegal, which handles applications for family members in African countries.

I am curious nonetheless, if my wife and daughter were to travel to Canada with the photocopies of their Quebec Selection Certificates and not the originals, could that cause them any problems at the port of entry/airport in Quebec? I know one of the originals of their CSQs is for their personal use and the other seems to be for immigration officials, because it is labeled “Immigration Canada.”
Do they have TRVs? COPRs?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

As said above, we need to know what sort of visas they are holding that allow them to enter Canada.

A CSQ does not allow someone to enter Canada.

Frank Thomas

Apr 15, 2019
They will be receiving their permanent resident visas from the Canadian High Commission in Dakar, Senegal within a couple of weeks. I sponsored them and the IRCC and Quebec Provincial officials approved of the application.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
They will be receiving their permanent resident visas from the Canadian High Commission in Dakar, Senegal within a couple of weeks. I sponsored them and the IRCC and Quebec Provincial officials approved of the application.
In that case they will be entering Canada based on their PR visas. That's all they need.

Frank Thomas

Apr 15, 2019
Okay, I see. So they wouldn’t need to present their Quebec Selection Certificates to immigration officers at the port of entry at the airport?

frange

May 25, 2018
Okay, I see. So they wouldn’t need to present their Quebec Selection Certificates to immigration officers at the port of entry at the airport?
Do they have a visa to enter to Canada? You did not answer to that question?

A CSQ is not a visa, it's a Quebec administrative document; nothing else.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No just their PR visas plus covid PCR test within 72 hours of departure and proof of vaccination or quarantine plans.

Frank Thomas

Apr 15, 2019
One of the main reasons why I asked the question was because most new immigrants (landed immigrants) are directed to a section of the airport where they are formally welcomed and given documents to help them get integrated into the Canadian society, so I was wondering if at that section, the Quebec Immigration officers at the airport might ask my wife and daughter to give them their Quebec Selection Certificates, because they each have two Quebec Selection Certificates, and one of them is labeled “For Immigration Canada.”