+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can only principal applicant come alone for PR landing?

maronvomra

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
SVO received PP 17-Mar-2014, DM on Apr-12, 2014
Hi friends,

My cousin got PR with his family(wife and 2 kids) and as per their PP they have to land by Nov-10 this year.

Now my question is:
1. Can my cousin come alone and do the landing before Nov-10 and his family can come later like Dec/Jan next year ?
2. If they all come together and my cousin wants to leave after a month but his wife doesn't want to go then can she stay or they all have to leave with principal applicant? since my cousin is physician so might not like it here as its hard.
3. To keep your PR card valid you need stay 2 years out of 5 right, so lets say they leave after getting PR card and come back just a month or 2 before the PR card expiry so can they renew the card then?

Thanks

ashconnor

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/can-dependants-land-in-canada-before-principal-applicant-t94679.0.html

If they all come together and my cousin wants to leave after a month but his wife doesn't want to go then can she stay or they all have to leave with principal applicant? since my cousin is physician so might not like it here as its hard.
If you leave before receiving your PR card it can cause problems. You won't get your PR card within a month.

To keep your PR card valid you need stay 2 years out of 5 right, so lets say they leave after getting PR card and come back just a month or 2 before the PR card expiry so can they renew the card then?
If you left just after receiving your card and didn't come back until it expired then you'd be out of the country for longer than 3 years so you risk losing your PR status.

-- Below is my moral opinion--

People on this forum are working hard to get into Canada and for someone to post that they are applying for PR but don't intend to live in Canada is borderline offensive. Canada is cracking down on PRs who don't live there.

If you (or your cousin) doesn't intend to live in Canada then don't immigrate there.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
maronvomra said:
3. To keep your PR card valid you need stay 2 years out of 5 right, so lets say they leave after getting PR card and come back just a month or 2 before the PR card expiry so can they renew the card then?
No - it doesn't work that way. And no - they won't be able to renew their PR cards.They need to live in Canada for 2 out of every 5 rolling years if they want to keep their status. They won't be able to renew their PR cards if they don't meet the residency requirement.

If they do as you have suggested, they may be reported when they enter Canada for failing to meet the residency obligation which would likely result in having their PR status revoked. If they are able to enter Canada without being reported, they would have to remain in Canada for 2 years without leaving for even one day. And only then would they be able to renew their PR cards.

In the end, if their PR status is important to them, they must live in Canada for 2 out of every 5 years.

maronvomra

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
SVO received PP 17-Mar-2014, DM on Apr-12, 2014
thanks guys, makes sense.

faisal892

May 11, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2010
Doc's Request.
12-10-2010
Med's Request
April 16, 2013
Med's Done....
May 23, 2013
What if principal applicant land in Canada but dependants could not do landing and their visas are expired. What will be their status them and how they will move to Canada then?

Faisal

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
faisal892 said:
What if principal applicant land in Canada but dependants could not do landing and their visas are expired. What will be their status them and how they will move to Canada then?

Faisal
They will have no status in Canada. In order to move to Canada the principal applicant will have to sponsor them through family class - a process that could take anywhere from several months to several years. Note that the principal applicant will have to be living in Canada while this application is being processed. They won't be able to return home.

faisal892

May 11, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2010
Doc's Request.
12-10-2010
Med's Request
April 16, 2013
Med's Done....
May 23, 2013
Thanks Scylla

Faisal

Sharma2015

Sep 6, 2017
Can principal applicant can go alone to Canada after family PR. If yes then after how much time wife and child can go to Canada or its mandetory to go together

dsamuel

Jul 5, 2019
Hi friends,
Can somebody can tell about our case
My wife is primary applicant , we applied in AIPP
Is possible she can return after landing, while i can stay over there as dependent.
Is she can come after one or two months with childrens