+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can one Travel without PR?

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
Most countries will require some sort of quarantine even if they also require testing since there is a certain amount of failure rate with testing. Would assume quarantine will be part of arriving to any country and returning to Canada.
you know I sometimes because of the family we choose options which are left. it will be my third travel to meet my family. I do not want to just because of the pr put a big time gap between my family members. when the time comes everyone will get its pr. but the time which we are apart from families will not. any it brings another problem after.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
you know I sometimes because of the family we choose options which are left. it will be my third travel to meet my family. I do not want to just because of the pr put a big time gap between my family members. when the time comes everyone will get its pr. but the time which we are apart from families will not. any it brings another problem after.
Really depends on your situation. Being prepared for when your family does get PR with a job and savings if you didn’t arrive with much savings. Many employers will not allow you take take more than a few weeks off per year so many will not be able to travel to visit with covid if they have to plan on 4 weeks of quarantine. There is also a risk of getting stuck abroad or getting sick abroad without have health insurance. Covid is not covered by most travel health insurance plans. Although I understand visiting your family is important making sure you are established in Canada with a job, ability to secure a larger home if necessary and having enough savings is also important. Many only can take a certain amount of time off from their job or can’t work remotely (or only remotely for a certain amount of time). If you leave Canada receiving benefits, not parental leave EI, most will no longer qualify for something like EI, CERB, welfare, etc. Some who are currently not working may think this would be a good time to visit family. There are a lot of things to consider especially with covid. Things can also change quickly and you always need to be prepared that you may get stuck abroad.