+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can one Travel without PR?

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
I Want to know if I can travel Travel Document without PR after the pandemic is over, because i need to go cool my head off with all this stress. So how does it work please?

kelepirci

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
I Want to know if I can travel Travel Document without PR after the pandemic is over, because i need to go cool my head off with all this stress. So how does it work please?
After pandami and lockdown, apply for Travel Document go where your soul takes you.

Keep in mind, you can not go back to your country of origin.

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
Yes i know I can't travel to my country of origin. Thank you so much for your advice. I have always think that if I travel without PR I will not be allowed in back to Canada.

kelepirci

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Yes i know I can't travel to my country of origin. Thank you so much for your advice. I have always think that if I travel without PR I will not be allowed in back to Canada.
Refugee Travel Document + Confirmation of Status document (you positive decision letter from IRB) is your ticket back to Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
RTD is not accepted by every country and many require you to apply for a visa. You will have to check the country you are considering. Travel may not be possible due to covid and if travel is possible you may need to plan on doing a 14 day quarantine on arrival and another 14 when you return to Canada. Travel within Canada may be a better option. If a visa is required having a job, savings, previous international travel and ties to Canada are usually what countries look for. Keep in mind that travel medical insurance may not be available to cover Covid so you will have to consider the risk of a large bill or limitted healthcare in some countries.

Reactions: Ratmir

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Oh okay it's costa rica.
Unsure you will have to contact the Costa Rican embassy in Canada and ask whether they accept RTD and if so if a visa is required. Covid is not disappearing and travel insurance will not cover Covid so really not a good idea to take unnecessary travel at the moment.

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
Unsure you will have to contact the Costa Rican embassy in Canada and ask whether they accept RTD and if so if a visa is required. Covid is not disappearing and travel insurance will not cover Covid so really not a good idea to take unnecessary travel at the moment.
Yeah am not even thinking of traveling this year all my plans will be for next year. I just don't know that I can travel without the PR.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yeah am not even thinking of traveling this year all my plans will be for next year. I just don't know that I can travel without the PR.
Yes you can travel without a PR. Quite a lot of protected people travel before getting PR. Many have relatives who have claimed asylum p in Germany and you can visit Germany without a visa. People have gone to Cuba on vacation during the winter with RTD and no visa. As I said you should always check with the country’s Canadian Embassy.

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
RTD is not accepted by every country and many require you to apply for a visa. You will have to check the country you are considering. Travel may not be possible due to covid and if travel is possible you may need to plan on doing a 14 day quarantine on arrival and another 14 when you return to Canada. Travel within Canada may be a better option. If a visa is required having a job, savings, previous international travel and ties to Canada are usually what countries look for. Keep in mind that travel medical insurance may not be available to cover Covid so you will have to consider the risk of a large bill or limitted healthcare in some countries.
Hi,

I just want to ask. how about visiting families living abroad. Cause of Covid PR process will move very slowly and it could be more helpful visit family and stay some time with them. how do you think will be any restriction from Canada part? i mean to travel and come back.
as normally they will ask 14 days self quarantine or just give blood test for Covid.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I just want to ask. how about visiting families living abroad. Cause of Covid PR process will move very slowly and it could be more helpful visit family and stay some time with them. how do you think will be any restriction from Canada part? i mean to travel and come back.
as normally they will ask 14 days self quarantine or just give blood test for Covid.
You obviously can’t go to your home country but your ability to visit your family in a 3rd country with an RTD will depend on the country. There is a high likelihood that there may be a quarantine period required if you are allowed to enter the country.n you will also have to plan on doing a 14 day quarantine period when entering Canada. There is also a possibility you could get stuck in another country if planes stop running or you get sick.

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
You obviously can’t go to your home country but your ability to visit your family in a 3rd country with an RTD will depend on the country. There is a high likelihood that there may be a quarantine period required if you are allowed to enter the country.n you will also have to plan on doing a 14 day quarantine period when entering Canada. There is also a possibility you could get stuck in another country if planes stop running or you get sick.
thank you for your reply. Yes, it is certainly obvious that it is not allowed to travel to my home country. I am still following the 3rd country news and requirements for tourists. mostly countries open borders for tourists starting from July and we will see how it is going. maybe it could be when someone enters the country could do test and prove that he or she does not have,

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
thank you for your reply. Yes, it is certainly obvious that it is not allowed to travel to my home country. I am still following the 3rd country news and requirements for tourists. mostly countries open borders for tourists starting from July and we will see how it is going. maybe it could be when someone enters the country could do test and prove that he or she does not have,
Most countries will require some sort of quarantine even if they also require testing since there is a certain amount of failure rate with testing. Would assume quarantine will be part of arriving to any country and returning to Canada.

Reactions: Ratmir