+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can one get PR card in absentia??? Please reply

singh123

Apr 24, 2009
Dear All

I have a query.... Can one get PR card in absentia. The problem is if all goes well I will get two weeks-off from work to do the landing process and will have to return to my country of residence to meet commitments. I plan to land in Canada apply for the PR card etc and leave Canada in two weeks..... will return after a few months.

1)My question is can a relative receive my PR card and then courier it to me? Or do I have to be physically present in Canada to receive the PR card?

2)The post by which PR card is sent is normal post or registered post?

3)Is my plan feasible? Anyone with personal experience/information... please reply.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
1. Yes, anyone can receive the PRCs & send it to u. But, don't inform that to the IO@POE, else s/he'll not accept your address.

2. It comes by normal postal mail.

3. Yes, it is feasible. But, there can be these problems, which u'll have to look into:
a) The cards when mailed to u, shouldn't get lost. U'll have a huge problem then.
b) If for any reason the CIC wants something [like new pics] before the PRC is issued, u'll get into trouble.

Qorax

singh123

Apr 24, 2009
Many thanks for the response and advise. Much appreciated.

Another silly question. I will not inform the IO at POE about my intention to return in two weeks time after doing the landing formalities. But will IO come to know as I will have a return ticket (ofcourse I will not show him that). Or he will not find out unless he is told by me? Any views? Thanks very much for the your above post.