+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can my wife go with me if I got my work permit approved?

ifaint

Jun 7, 2020
I have a close work permit and will get visa with an offer waiting for me.
My wife and child will have open work permit without offer and study permit.
Can they go to Canada with me together?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If they have approved OWP and TRV they still need special authorization. Impossible for anyone to say if they will be approved. Some are where as some aren’t.

Reactions: ifaint

ifaint

Jun 7, 2020
If they have approved OWP and TRV they still need special authorization. Impossible for anyone to say if they will be approved. Some are where as some aren’t.
Thanks for answering. Where can I find the process for apply a special authorization. I did not find on official website.

ifaint

Jun 7, 2020
https://www.facebook.com/notes/canada-in-india-high-commission-of-canada/frequently-asked-questions-immigration-related-queries/3287734844612460/

Check out this link, it has a email- id that might be helpful.
If you dont mind then can you share Statement of Explanation and list of documents that you submitted for your wife's open work permit to email id: rathore.tanya3@gmail.com?
thanks for the link. Sorry I don't have that document. All the close WP and open WP was helped by the lawyer

ifaint

Jun 7, 2020
So does your spouse have the open work permit and child has a study permit (how old is the child, don’t know why your child needs it)? Once they have their approved permits, they need written approval to travel. The information is in the link including the email.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#authorization
I am applying a close WP, while the lawyer at the same time help to apply open WP for my wife and study permit (for elementary school) for my kid, as I was told so. My work permit is approved but no passport request got, so I just wonder when can I apply for the written approval for them. Maybe after I arrived Canada. Let me check the link first.

DianeD

Feb 22, 2018
Did you come right with this? You need to email your request to IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca and they will respond with the list of documents you need to send through.

I have just applied for the same for my family and wondering if you came right with yours and how long it took to receive?

ifaint

Jun 7, 2020
Did you come right with this? You need to email your request to IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca and they will respond with the list of documents you need to send through.

I have just applied for the same for my family and wondering if you came right with yours and how long it took to receive?
I myself still yet to come, and I'm planning to come by myself first. Do you wish to come first or together with your wife and child?

DianeD

Feb 22, 2018
I myself still yet to come, and I'm planning to come by myself first. Do you wish to come first or together with your wife and child?
We plan to all come together as a family. Will have to wait and see how long it takes for the auth letter to come through

DianeD

Feb 22, 2018
Your child does not need a study permit if in elementary school. Your child needs a visitor visa.
I initially thought the same and just applied for Visitor Visa's and was told we would be issued a permit at POE. However, during the application process we were advised to apply for Student Permits and these were obtained and approval given for such.

We now just need the authorization letters for us all to enter together as a family. Perhaps we will all be lucky soon and the restrictions will be lifted but cannot rely on that only.

ifaint

Jun 7, 2020
We plan to all come together as a family. Will have to wait and see how long it takes for the auth letter to come through
That is better by residential side. Please update the result here and thanks in advance. I've got the work permit approved but still waiting for passport request.