+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can my wife apply for SOWP extension while I'm waiting for PGWP?

Victorious V

May 18, 2020
Let's say I got an NOC B job right after the completion of my studies and I applied for the PGWP. Meanwhile, my wife's open work permit will expire in a couple of months from the day of my application for PGWP. It's not guaranteed that I will get my PGWP in 1 or 2 months. It might take more than 3 or 4 months. So, while I'm waiting for my PGWP (assuming that I have my NOC B job and paystubs to show), is my wife eligible to extend her SOWP or does she need to wait until my application for PGWP gets approved? I have tried to find the answer everywhere but there's no information on this particular type of situation.

nickgrizzly

Star Member
May 16, 2022
BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Calgary, Montreal
Med's Request
09-05-2023
Med's Done....
10-05-2023
LANDED..........
08-06-2023
Yes, she can apply. When they get to her application, they'll ask again for paystubs, employment agreement, PGWP, etc.

You should've receive your PGWP by the time they request the documents again. If you haven't, you might have to flagpole to get your PGWP and be bale to send it to proof she is eligible for a SOWP, which is a whole other story a bit more complex.

Long story short, she can apply now and wait for the documents request.

Mel S

Sep 3, 2022
Yes, she can apply. When they get to her application, they'll ask again for paystubs, employment agreement, PGWP, etc.

You should've receive your PGWP by the time they request the documents again. If you haven't, you might have to flagpole to get your PGWP and be bale to send it to proof she is eligible for a SOWP, which is a whole other story a bit more complex.

Long story short, she can apply now and wait for the documents request.
Hi,
I am in the same situation here. But while we apply for my spouse's open work permit it is going to ask for my proof of current status. What should I include in that? Since I wont have my PGWP on hand.

nickgrizzly

Star Member
May 16, 2022
BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Calgary, Montreal
Med's Request
09-05-2023
Med's Done....
10-05-2023
LANDED..........
08-06-2023
Hi,
I am in the same situation here. But while we apply for my spouse's open work permit it is going to ask for my proof of current status. What should I include in that? Since I wont have my PGWP on hand.
Attach your study permit, and the letter IRCC sent you when you applied for the PGWP (WP-EXT) attach them in the same file,

MTB101

Star Member
Jun 22, 2021
Hi. I am in the same situation could you plz let me know what you did and what was the final result? Thank you