+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can my spouse cancel my PR

1887CAN

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Thanks alot . I really appericiate you taking time n responding to this silly scenario.
I am not trying to portray myself as an angel. However if I make a mistake I have the guts to acknowledge it and apologise for that as well.

She using this marriage fraud thing as a tool to intimidate me and this is not the first time she has done so.

Question is if I know that you are using me for Canada...than the next thing I would do is report immediately and cancel the process. She has not done so either. Every now n than she will use language than the next day I can't live without you. It went on that way.
I have all her texts n chats and recordings the day she chucked me out.

The main reason for that she asked me if I sold my store and apartment. I said I am trying. She said you lying. Than she started to accuse me of my x and my daughter that I want to bring them over.

I love my daughter n she is 8. She lives with her mom. The only communication I have with her is the maintenance money I pay monthly. Thats it .They would never be coming to Canada nor I would ever bring them over.
I am not a rich man. But i can support myself here. Therfore i wonder if its really worth it to be here or I go back. That s what I keep thinking.
That s the whole thing in a nutshell.

I have read stories on the forum where people jump and say ,Mmmm he used a woman to get to Canada. But it's not always the case.

What I would prefer is if this woman really understands the relationship. It's about give n take. Understanding likes n dislikes. Not about hiring a slave, just because he has or had fb. She even deleted my fb coz I gave her the password not knowing she is ....

Anyway I am really waiting for her to report me, and I will have my day in court before I book a flight .

Thank you to all of you great people on this forum who take their time to read people's crap and respond.

Thanks a mil.
Firstly, this isn’t silly, don’t think you’re wasting anyone’s time here. This is a real situation involving real people. You need some guidance and here you’ll get a few opinions and they’ll all be a little different. They could help shape the next few months, even years of your life. It’s good to share your concerns, it can’t hurt you, only help.

Her threatening to report you for marriage fraud, is one of the reasons IRCC scrapped the requirement for spouses to live together for two years after landing. When that rule was in place, if you lived apart in those two years, it’d trigger and investigation and possible revocation of the sponsored person’s status. That then means deportation. The primary reason IRCC scrapped that requirement, is that they were concerned that sponsored spouses were staying in abusive relationships due to fear of deportation. This situation and your wife’s threats, to me, seem like abuse. Spouses should not threaten each other for any reason. Her threats are out of line.

Keep all correspondence between each other. They demonstrate her contrasting behaviour and give you evidence of her threats. I can’t see how, in the event of an IRCC investigation, they would side with a sponsor who has been threatening their sponsored spouse. If anything, it sounds like you need the support and possible protection of IRCC, not her. Your behaviour shouldn’t be cause for her to act like this. If, however, you’ve mistreated her, threatened her, done anything that could cause the police to get involved, then you will have to explain that if an investigation takes place. It could be held against you and you won’t have any cause for complaint. If you’ve just disagreed on things, and had the usual disputes that couples have, you’ve done nothing wrong. It doesn’t justify her behaviour.

She seems insecure about your ex wife and daughter. Maybe if you and your wife can work things out, giving her reassurances about your existing family would help her.

Anyone sponsored to come to countries like Canada will face skepticism about their intentions and whether they used the Canadian to just come to the country. Don’t worry about that. The only opinions that matter are those of the IRCC officer that assessed your application. They were happy, application was approved. End of story.

If you do end up with separation and divorce, that alone is not grounds for you losing your status. Some marriages don’t work out. IRCC understand that.

If she accuses you of marriage fraud, be prepared for it. Gather contrary evidence and defend yourself. Let the powers of be decide.

In the time-being, as the previous poster said, if you can support yourself, give Canada a chance. You’re legally here, and have every right to get on with your life. If you just want to move back to South Africa, you can do that too. It’s your choice, no-one else’s.

Last edited:
Reactions: Will_PA

John black

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Hi Guys

I am here just to give you guys an update on that issue of mine. I have contacted an immigration lawyer just to seek his advice and presented the stuff I have with regards to the correspondence etc.

After seeing all that he advised me to keep away from her . And if I decide to meet her than I should do so in public place. Or try to avoid any contact with her. She doesn't have any grounds to file for that marriage fraud thing. If she does I have more than enough to defend myself .

I am just stating this here, it might help someone out there. The lawyer also told me there are numerous cases like this.

I just want to close this chapter.
Keep well guys.
God Bless

Reactions: scylla

John black

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Hi everyone
Anyone here who might be being reported by their Canadian spouse as marriage fraud....
I am here with the feed back. Something that started from September 2018...
My Canadian wife has finally reported me to IRCC, that I used her to get to Canada....yea typical from a Canadian Spouse ...They sent me a letter stating that they noticed I had been living at a different address and information received as well.
I should provide the proof of relationship and explain why marriage broke down.
Than they will decide if they will revoke my PR.
Awesome isn't it. After being in a relationship for at least 4 years...thats the outcome...well. I have contacted the lawyer and provided the emails, abusive Viber chats , texts, photos etc.
So that's where it stands now...just a feed back. If anyone in similar scenario hoping not ...would like to share...
By the way it's the common threat from Canadian spouse if u don't abide by what they ask you to do....cheers

John black

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Yea...i guess it goes both ways..its usually like in my case..i was chucked out first. Than I was in a motel. Than she starts threatening. Stating that she will report me and wants divorce.
2 days later, she loves me alot and begging me to come back and forgive.
Further days went on, it gets threatening.
Than she starts to beg and claims to love me alot. Later on I was told that someone did black magic on her that's y she was abusive . End result I got reported that I used her to get to Canada. Awesome ......
If she is begging me that she loves me than y would she report me I used her.
Is not it's amazing......

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
I
Yea...i guess it goes both ways..its usually like in my case..i was chucked out first. Than I was in a motel. Than she starts threatening. Stating that she will report me and wants divorce.
2 days later, she loves me alot and begging me to come back and forgive.
Further days went on, it gets threatening.
Than she starts to beg and claims to love me alot. Later on I was told that someone did black magic on her that's y she was abusive . End result I got reported that I used her to get to Canada. Awesome ......
If she is begging me that she loves me than y would she report me I used her.
Is not it's amazing......
M very sorry your going through this, especially in a new country. You're wife sounds like a .........

Just keep ever message every voicemail whatever you can the will break up your story.. From the sound of you, you did absolutely nothing wrong. She had every chance to cancel the application before you landed. If she was planning to end things with you then she had a responsibility so report it and cancel you application. She can actually get into shit here not you. (from the way I see it)

Sarahannclarke5

Sep 19, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
Get in touch with an immigration/new comer information centre. They may have some information for you in that regard, as I'm sure this has happened before. Give Canada a try before going back, you never know. And remember, shes financially responsible for you for 3 years.

Reactions: msb

John black

Star Member
May 14, 2018
It's quiet interesting that she used to Threatn me even I was back home that she would report me for marriage fraud, while the application was in process. Few days down the line she loves me n misses me. Yea I know very weird.
However her emails lately that she is in love with me so much that she can't breath.
That brings up 2 questions....
1....If she really loves me which means I am real and so is this relationship. Than where the marriage fraud comes in...lol
2. She really loves me so much to have me reported. Awesome.
Well in my dictionary love defines a bit different....one should learn to forget n forgive and don't be a psycho.and secondly u love a person that much not to see them hurt no matter what. You don't cause them no harm.
I guess here I am the lucky one after all.
I should have contacted a shrink long ago...and guys next time a woman want to tell you about her previous relationship, please dig deeper ..not like me who said what's in the past stays in the past..
In fact I was silly I should gone straight to welfare because I know she is responsible for me. I didn't have the heart to do that, since she works hard.
But I guess I was wrong.
Once I get through this I would be using her for the lawyers fees etc.
And I hope no one gets into this kinda mess in their lives. Thanks alot for your opinion guys. Highly appericiated .

aby1098

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
FAM
Hi Everyone
I need you guys opinion. I am a South African citizen.i met someone ,my wife, on a dating site.She is Canadian Citizen. We talked and exchange numbers.After a while she visited me in S.A.. than sometimes later I visited her in Canada and we got married.
I left for S.A. for wrk.
She did my sponsorship. However before that I will be honest....i had fb. And some friends from different countries who I never met. She found out and it was a big deal for her. We talked n deleted my fb for good. Things got to normal. But in her head they didn't.
We carried on with arguments n than up n down.
Sponsorship went ahead. I never bothered about that. Than it ended up at name calling from her.
However I arrived in Canada.From the airport I texted her that I am here. She said she not interested bla bla. I told her than where should I go. She came to fetch me. I was at her place. For 2 days. She said she wants divorce. Because clearly arguments damaged alot. Than we went to speak to her landlord to use him as a shrink.
He said we shouldn't talk for a wk. She said that I could stay at her place while she lives at her dad's. I walked down to the basement. Than next minute the landlord comes down n tells me. Get your stuff together and I should leave.
Not knowing where to. My bags were on the pavement. And I ended up in a motel.
Now i get email from her that she will report me as marriage fraud. And call the police .
What should I do?
Pack up and leave the country. Or go to the police myself.
Please advise if anyone reads this.
Thanks in advance
To which address the PR card will be delivered ? take care of it !

John black

Star Member
May 14, 2018
I received my PR card about 2 months ago.i have my PR card with me. They sent it to my new address because i had the address changed after i was outa there. I had to find a place and than i changed the address. Thanks for advice. Appericiated.

Reactions: msb

Amy mouse

Star Member
Oct 7, 2018
South Australia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
09-08-2018 returned 31-10-2018
Doc's Request.
17 jan 19 and 23 feb
AOR Received.
Nil
Typical Canadian spouse are you kidding me.. Canada is full of a lot of great people. Treat them badly and things happen.. fight and people break up.. dont try to put it all on her becuase she is Canadian. If that is how you truly feel about Canadian people then why not go home?

And fyi I'm not Canadian but found this extremely rude .

Amy mouse

Star Member
Oct 7, 2018
South Australia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
17 jan 19 and 23 feb
AOR Received.
Nil
If she wasnt a nice person she would have called cic before you even got to land. So be thankful for small mercies

Reactions: msb and DollyM

John black

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Well I am sorry if I offended anyone. Good people and bad people are everywhere. However I have heard stories like this , alot lately. However I shouldn't have generalized it.
You say I should be thankful that she didn't report before I land.
Do you think this is about me landing or not? Do u think it's about that?
This is about right and wrong.
This is about being fair and unfair.i didn't say that I am an angel. However you just can't wake up a morning and decide today I will be in bad mood so I will act as weird as possible.
And I am not sure I am the only one who has faced this and I am sure where spouses must have faced the situation where they were good but the people who arrived here misbehaved.
Well I thank her from the depths of my heart that she let me land here. You must be kidding me.
I will definitely think about it and send her flowers before I leave. Promise.

Amy mouse

Star Member
Oct 7, 2018
South Australia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
17 jan 19 and 23 feb
AOR Received.
Nil
Considering by your own admission it was over before you even came fair would have been telling cic and cancelling you pr. But since clearly you moved regardless your true interest was the country not the relationship.

So yeah you did the wrong thing and entered the country fraudulently.

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
Perhaps your wife tried in good faith to accept these fb friends and messages. And she is hurt and angry. Or it's worse.
It's not typical, not common of Canadian Spouses. I agree with Amy mouse.

Reactions: msb and DollyM