+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can my internship in U.S be considered as a work experience in applying for Federal Skilled Worker?

Marieru

Sep 18, 2019
HELLO everyone! It's my bday! Lol haha

Ahm hey okay guys I have been up all night, these past few weeks keep on googling what is the best path for me. So far, Federal Skilled Worker is my only option here everything is good except for the part "1year work experience" need. And has to be NOC 0 A B

Well you see I am a J1 intern here in US as a food and beverage intern. (That's the name of the position) so basically it falls under Skill Type LEVEL C right? this internship I am paid and taxed.

But does it really fall under Skill level C?
Since my duties here we go rotation. And we are being trained front and back to the house operations and advanced F and B training. So basically our work here is like Managerial because they are traning us to be Managers.

My plan is move to Canada after US since Trump policies are you know! Been tight lately.

Help me coz now I'm confused if it's 0 or C. Sure hope it's 0 so I can process FSW. Thank you in advanced everyone!!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
HELLO everyone! It's my bday! Lol haha

Ahm hey okay guys I have been up all night, these past few weeks keep on googling what is the best path for me. So far, Federal Skilled Worker is my only option here everything is good except for the part "1year work experience" need. And has to be NOC 0 A B

Well you see I am a J1 intern here in US as a food and beverage intern. (That's the name of the position) so basically it falls under Skill Type LEVEL C right? this internship I am paid and taxed.

But does it really fall under Skill level C?
Since my duties here we go rotation. And we are being trained front and back to the house operations and advanced F and B training. So basically our work here is like Managerial because they are traning us to be Managers.

My plan is move to Canada after US since Trump policies are you know! Been tight lately.

Help me coz now I'm confused if it's 0 or C. Sure hope it's 0 so I can process FSW. Thank you in advanced everyone!!!
Sounds like skill level C to me. Do you have a team reporting directly to you? Are you managing them on your own and are you responsible for assigning their tasks, performance, scheduling, etc.? If not - it's not a managerial role. Once you hold an actual managerial position, you will be able to start counting your experienced as skilled (i.e. A, B or 0).

As you've said, they are training you to be managers - this means you're not managers yet.