+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can my husband's immigration status affect application

tipisqueen

Apr 29, 2010
I am a new graduate as a Registered Nurse. I am planning on moving to Canada with my family. My husband is illegal here in the US and so we want to move to Canada legally so my husband can advance in his career and so that we can live a safer life but in a legal way. I see that they ask for police clearance, but my husband can't do that because he can get deported that way. Would he have to leave to his country first and wait while I apply for him? My concern is that if the application gets denied, then he will be stuck there in his country. We have to boys together, and his country is not what I want for my kids. Any advice on how to advance and keep our family together is greatly appreciated. I am planning on doing the APNP after working about 1 year as a registered nurse to get the one year work experience they require for the application. Or is there another way of applying even if I don't have a year experience since I am a new graduate. I have been a Licensed Vocational Nurse for about a year and a half.

tipisqueen

Apr 29, 2010
Update to this post. We eventually did apply and got approved for permanent residence. Getting FBI records was no problem as its not tied with immigration although it did show his deportations. This thank God did not affect our getting approved. Process took 3 years to get approved but we have since immigrated to Vancouver in 2014 and been here now 2 years.

MM3

Oct 7, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
PNP
Glory to God! If you believe you will achieved. Thanks for sharing this goodnews even its beyond two yrs already since u migrated.
Ask and it will be given unto u says the Lord.
Good luck for ur new journey and beyond!

Lakesyde

Nov 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Accra VO
NOC Code......
XX17
App. Filed.......
XX-03-2014 (MPNP)
Nomination.....
XX-08-2015
AOR Received.
XX-01-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
XX-06-2017
Med's Done....
XX-06-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
XX--07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
XX--08-2017
LANDED..........
28-09-2017
tipisqueen said:
Update to this post. We eventually did apply and got approved for permanent residence. Getting FBI records was no problem as its not tied with immigration although it did show his deportations. This thank God did not affect our getting approved. Process took 3 years to get approved but we have since immigrated to Vancouver in 2014 and been here now 2 years.
Wow! i bless God for your family