Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-11-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
4-10-2012
Why can't my future husband invite me after marriage to come and visit him, husband invites his wife to come live with him, what would be stronger than this.
Everyone said that they will reject the visa, why as long as he has the financial support for my stay as visitor. There has to be something missed .. in US they do so, if your husband lives there you can get the 5 years visa ...
Is there a law say the spouse can't travel to his/her Canadian partner until the sponsorship process is done ?

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
11-26-12 - Common law declaration/PRG/SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa - 09-11-12 / DF 11-26-12
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
There is no law saying this, but if you are from a country that is not visa exempt then your chances drop considerably when you already have an application in process. The reason for this is that its not beleived that you will merely visit and return to your home country, they will believe that your intention will be to stay in Canada, without proofs of ties to your home country such as a job, house, car payments ect its hard for them to believe that you are just visiting, so most people in this instance are denied. It does not mean that you cannot try but it will cost money and time and your chances of rejection are high, so really its up to you. Canada has a very different system than the US, we are more similair to the UK in this regard. However, UK also has more lienant immigration rules and regulations than Canada.

So having said all of this , if you are from a visa exempt country then you will most certainly be able to visit.

MarianaEgypt

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-11-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
4-10-2012
missmymexi said:
There is no law saying this, but if you are from a country that is not visa exempt then your chances drop considerably when you already have an application in process. The reason for this is that its not beleived that you will merely visit and return to your home country, they will believe that your intention will be to stay in Canada, without proofs of ties to your home country such as a job, house, car payments ect its hard for them to believe that you are just visiting, so most people in this instance are denied. It does not mean that you cannot try but it will cost money and time and your chances of rejection are high, so really its up to you. Canada has a very different system than the US, we are more similair to the UK in this regard. However, UK also has more lienant immigration rules and regulations than Canada.

So having said all of this , if you are from a visa exempt country then you will most certainly be able to visit.
Thanks for your reply, after all we will go with the spouse sponsorship after our marriage and hopefully it wouldn't take long :(