+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can my husband enroll for school although he's a failed refugee?

mimi263

Star Member
Aug 13, 2012
Hey guys I have a question, so we mailed our application last Wednesday. My husbands status currently is a refugee, his claim was rejected but his lawyer is appealing it. My question is, can he enroll on school? He received his renewal for his work permit so that's great and he's working part time but were looking at him going back to school. Do you guys know if this is possible?

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
if you are taking about collage or university no he can't as a failed refugee.

if you read his work permit it says "not authorized to take any collage or university programs"

plus even if they do allow it he has to pay over double the fees for collage or university. that was the reason I couldn't attend university or collage otherwise I would have had couple of degrees myself.

I remember when I attended collage through work (short collage program) the immigration contacted my school and mentioned to school I'm not allowed to take the program but since the company I worked at took full responsibility for the cost and everything they let me finish the course. it really isn't a good feeling not be allowed to go to school but unfortunately thats how it is with a failed refugee status.

I would suggest if you guys have already applied for your application just wait for your first stage (aip) which could take few month or up to 8 months. that way he would be allowed to go to school and the costs would be like a Canadian resident, because even if he applies under international student he would be paying over double the cost for programs.

good luck.

Kayvanblue

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney, Canada
App. Filed.......
12-11-2017
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A-
kitchener_inland said:

if you read his work permit it says "not authorized to take any collage or university programs"

plus even if they do allow it he has to pay over double the fees for collage or university. that was the reason I couldn't attend university or collage otherwise I would have had couple of degrees myself.

I remember when I attended collage through work (short collage program) the immigration contacted my school and mentioned to school I'm not allowed to take the program but since the company I worked at took full responsibility for the cost and everything they let me finish the course. it really isn't a good feeling not be allowed to go to school but unfortunately thats how it is with a failed refugee status.

I would suggest if you guys have already applied for your application just wait for your first stage (aip) which could take few month or up to 8 months. that way he would be allowed to go to school and the costs would be like a Canadian resident, because even if he applies under international student he would be paying over double the cost for programs.

good luck.
Thats also true....i also replied to you in the other thread where u asked the same question..ove there i ment high school courses..it also works for taking single courses at college or university...

Kayvanblue

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney, Canada
App. Filed.......
12-11-2017
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A-
kitchener_inland said:

good luck.
Thats also true....i also replied to you in the other thread where u asked the same question..ove there i ment high school courses..it also works for taking single courses at college or university...
True,, but u can take highschool courses. Or pick up single courses at uni/ college...i also replied to ur same question in inland 2012 thread