+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can my future wife immigrate to Canada?

AzulaiPark

Apr 30, 2013
OH I understand now, Thanks :)
If we'll go for the outland application will she be able to visite in Canada during the process? If yes for how long? Can I visite her during the process? For how long?

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Reply: Can my future wife immigrate to Canada?

AzulaiPark said:
OH I understand now, Thanks :)
If we'll go for the outland application will she be able to visite in Canada during the process? If yes for how long? Can I visite her during the process? For how long?
lol.....OK now you need to go back and re-read your other posts Max :D!!! All of your questions (including the above) have already been answered by other members so please take the time to read carefully and make time to absorb the information. The people on this forum are here to help and guide you; however, we need you to do your part as well, and pay close attention to the answers that folks provide. We know it is a bit overwhelming at first, but the more you read, the more you will understand. You will pick it up better as you go along ;).

rivka c.

Aug 4, 2013
AzulaiPark said:
For your question :
Is she living with your parents still?
My parents are in Canada :)
What type of Jewish community is she from?
Shes atheist.
is her family not attending because they don't approve of her marrying a Christian?
Theyre not attending because they dont have the money to come to Canada :( They dont care I'm a christian.

I have a question,
Can I merry her in Israel? Its called outland right?
Where can I call / go in order to choose what path I wanna take?
sorry i am a bit late and you may have an answer already. you will be unable to marry her in israel. israel has only religious marriages approved by the rabbanute. jews may not marry non jews in israel.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
One big issue to consider when deciding on inland vs. outland for PR application is travel.

If she applies inland, she must stay in Canada for the duration of the application process. If she leaves at any point, she may be denied reentry to Canada, and if that happens, her application is considered abandoned and you'll have to start over again. Keep in mind, the timeline is around 14 months for inland applications, but there are no guarantees. There are people who have waited longer. This means she will be unable to visit family and friends outside of Canada for a year or more. I know from personal experience that, while that doesn't sound so terrible at first, a year can be a very long time.

If she applies outland, she can can still visit you and stay with you on a visitor visa, and she can still apply for an extension to that visa (remember, she will not be "living" in Canada, but will be "visiting" you while her application is in progress). She may travel back to Israel to visit if she wants. The travel drawback with this option is that, if CIC requests an interview, she would be required to travel to Israel for the interview. This may be a consideration if funds are quite limited.

Personally, I deeply regret applying inland (I'm a U.S. citizen). I miss my family terribly, and I've spent over half of my only nephew's lifetime in Canada, unable to visit him. I'm 9.5 months into the process, which is currently taking longer than estimated. I should have stage one approval, known as AIP - approval in principle - by now, which is when they approve my husband as a sponsor and move on to my background check and making sure I'm elgible for PR. This was expected to take around 6 months, but a lot of us are waiting much longer right now. AIP is important for inland applications, as it affects eligibility for some programs. Some provinces will allow those with AIP to apply for health coverage. For me, I need AIP to be eligible for admission to an immigrant French program (I'm in Québec, and in an area of Québec where there are very few anglophones).

So that's my feedback. Only you and your fiancée can decide which route is better. As others have said, it doesn't matter where you get married, just that the marriage is legal where it is performed. Be sure to take a lot of photos, save invitations, etc. It's your responsibility to provide proof that will convince strangers at CIC that your relationship is genuine and ongoing. You're young, and you've only been together 5 months, so be proactive now and be sure to start building up the proof that you can offer. Good luck!