Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
No co-signor is permitted/needed in spousal sponsorships.

CHAND394

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Pakistan
Visa Office......
Islamabad
App. Filed.......
July-2011
Doc's Request.
June-2012
File Transfer...
Sep-2011
Med's Request
Jun-2012
Med's Done....
Jul-2012
Interview........
ALHUMDULILALLAH, Waived
Passport Req..
Mar-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Apr-2013
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH, Jun-2013
cansponsor2012 said:
My situation is quite complicated. I'm not sure if anyone here had the same experience.

I sent the applicatio to sponsor my parents to come in 2009, and my husband co-signed the application. My Mom passed away a few months later. Last year my father got married. I informed CIC, and included my step-mother on the IMM0008 form under the "dependant" section and checked "yes" to indicate she will accompany my father to Canada. Around a month ago, I got the letter from CIC saying I am approved as a sponsor. Now my husband does not want to sponsor my step-mother, but he is still willing to sponsor my father. He said he is going to withdraw if my step-mother cannot be removed from the application. If he withdraws, my income is not enough to support them.

My questions is if it is possible remove my step-mother from the application and how. If my step-mother is not coming, how likely CIC will also refuse my father's application? And if my step-mother does not come with my father this time, is it possible for my father to sponsor her as a spouse in the future?

Many thanks to people who provide any kind response
i think your Husband dont want your Father to sponser also that's why he is raising this point because he knows your father will not come without your step-mother so problem solve, so its better for you to understand the politics of your Husband and agree with him in order to spend happy life with him ;)

May 12, 2012
CHAND394 said:
i think your Husband dont want your Father to sponser also that's why he is raising this point because he knows your father will not come without your step-mother so problem solve, so its better for you to understand the politics of your Husband and agree with him in order to spend happy life with him ;)
I don't think my husband has a problem with sponsoring my father because he cosigned to sponsor my parents when I sent my application in 2009. Maybe he is upset that I didn't discuss with him before I told my father to go ahead to marry my stepmother so that she could be included in my father's application. I know that I did a stupid thing which placed myself in such a dilemma. I am now trying to find a way to satisfy all.

RobsLuv gave me very useful information, and I am going to ask my father and stepmother to send a registered letter to visa office to change my stepmother's designation. It seems that this is all I can do for now; then I'll cross my fingers and leave the rest to God.

Once again, thank you to all who replied

GetUsHome

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
No doubt you are all in a tricky situation. I would look ahead and see if your Dad would make a suitable sponsor for his wife.

One thing to consider is that if your Dad comes over and then sponsors his wife he will have to make enough money (retirement income and/or work in Canada) to support her. Or she will have to be coming with an income and/or be able to work. Even though they say there is no income requirement to sponsor your spouse looking at some of the posts I have seen on this site people have been rejected as sponsor if their income in marginal and it doesn't look like they can support the arriving spouse.

You can't automatically assume your Dad will be approved as a sponsor.

tok

Nov 16, 2011
Good day every one, i have similar situation, is it possible to remove adopted child from my application due to honest mistake and how can i go about it.