Can my daughter re-apply for PR?

livingincanada2016

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Hi Friends,

I am in a very emotional situation, seeking your advice and help.

I become Permanent Resident in 2017 with my wife and Daughter. My wife and daughter landed in 2018 and soon after my wife decided to leave. There PR cards expires in 2023. They have been with me for 6 months.

During this period I tried to convivence my wife to come back, but it didn't worked out. I have a 5 years old daughter. I just want to know, if some day, once my daughter is old enough, can she come back to Canada and stay with me? I am not sure how situation will develop between my wife and me, but we are getting close to a separation, but I want to do something for my daughter and wish to send her for study/school in Canada some day.

Even, if we got separated, legal things might take time. I am worried that my daughter might lose her PR status till the things finalize. If that happens, Can I re-apply for her PR again.

Thank you so much in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Friends,

I am in a very emotional situation, seeking your advice and help.

I become Permanent Resident in 2017 with my wife and Daughter. My wife and daughter landed in 2018 and soon after my wife decided to leave. There PR cards expires in 2023. They have been with me for 6 months.

During this period I tried to convivence my wife to come back, but it didn't worked out. I have a 5 years old daughter. I just want to know, if some day, once my daughter is old enough, can she come back to Canada and stay with me? I am not sure how situation will develop between my wife and me, but we are getting close to a separation, but I want to do something for my daughter and wish to send her for study/school in Canada some day.

Even, if we got separated, legal things might take time. I am worried that my daughter might lose her PR status till the things finalize. If that happens, Can I re-apply for her PR again.

Thank you so much in advance.
You can reapply until she is 22. Once she is 22, she will be too old to be sponsored by you.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Last edited: