+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can my application be returned because of this?

Bacrs

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
Hi, I'm being sponsored by my Canadian spouse, we sent our application back in April, so we still have no AOR. I'm very nervous about a mistake I made filling the Open Work Permit form imm5710. More specifically in the 'coming into Canada' section. it asks:
  1. Date and place of your original entry to Canada
  2. Date and place of your most recent entry to Canada (if not the same as original entry)
When I was filling this form I didn't know what I was actually supposed to put in them (I now hate myself for not searching properly). So in ORIGINAL entry section, I put my LAST ENTRY to Canada (March 2019) Instead of my Original entry date (December 2018). And then I proceeded to leave most recent entry section blank...

So I have a couple of questions... Is it likely that my application will be returned because of this mistake? Soon it will be 6 months since they received my application, this would be devastating. My other question is are we allowed /able to upload forms through webform? I have recently submitted my husband's AOR through web form (for Covid reasons we were not able to send it with the application and sent his T1 and a LoE) they replied and it was accepted, or it seemed so that way judging by their reply, I hope. But for Forms is it possible? or should I clarify just the sections where I made a mistake? .. or else just accept that my application will be returned?

if anyone had similar experiences it'd help a lot, thanks.

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Kingston
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Call and see if you have a temporary number. If so quickly send a Webform with the corrected form to them. That's the only thing I can think of in the interim.

Bacrs

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
Call and see if you have a temporary number. If so quickly send a Webform with the corrected form to them. That's the only thing I can think of in the interim.
Thank you so much for answering. Yes, I do have a temporary file number starting with an XF. Should I upload an entirely new form tho? As the form I used no longer lets me 'validate' it because of outdated dates used back in April. So I would have to put new dates specifically in 'Duration of expected employment' and the signature date. I'm not sure I can upload a non validated form in this case

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Kingston
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Update with the new dates and validate it. Send with a letter of explanation. Thats good that you have the Temporary number they will be able to find your application easier through the webform.

Bacrs

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
Update with the new dates and validate it. Send with a letter of explanation. Thats good that you have the Temporary number they will be able to find your application easier through the webform.
I was gonna do that but then remembered I'm going into implied status after tomorrow (applied for visitor record a month ago).. so if I send an entire new OWP form I would be rejected because of implied status while sending this new form? :( Sorry for so many questions, I wish I realized this sooner