+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can my 1 year old child be a reason for refusal?

Lina961

Apr 15, 2023
So i am getting ready to apply for studies in canada, i have all my family in Ghana, husband,business and all.. can my child going with me be a problem.. I don’t want to do any mistakes even tho it stated on the gov website that i can.. i still want to be very sure my visa won’t be denied! I don't deal with agents so its all me doing this, Thanks and waiting to hear from y’all

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So i am getting ready to apply for studies in canada, i have all my family in Ghana, husband,business and all.. can my child going with me be a problem.. I don’t want to do any mistakes even tho it stated on the gov website that i can.. i still want to be very sure my visa won’t be denied! I don't deal with agents so its all me doing this, Thanks and waiting to hear from y’all
Yes. A child can be refused but yours approved. Why? Your child is a tie to return and you don’t show considerably more in funds to support child while studying.

Also if you are studying then who will care for your child. Child care in Canada is hard to come by. People get their kids on waiting lists before birth. Also you will want to show even more funds for day care costs. If you are planning on working part-time, who will care for child. Most daycares operate business hours Monday-Friday.

Lina961

Apr 15, 2023
Thank you very much for your response.. i guess i have to go first and later go for her. I know the first year will be exhausting so i need to prepare.. thanks once again

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you very much for your response.. i guess i have to go first and later go for her. I know the first year will be exhausting so i need to prepare.. thanks once again
You can apply for your study permit and your child’s TRV at the same time. It will weaken your ties to return home. IF you apply for TRV too, you will just need to show additional funds for daycare and in your SOP show a plan of who will take care of your child while you are at school and if you work part-time. Contact daycares now to get on waiting lists. What was your plan if spouse stays behind?

Lina961

Apr 15, 2023
He has no interest in traveling soon..because he is working here in the army. I know i have to show extra POF because of the baby but i can leave her until i am ready.. I don’t want to be too exhausted especially with a child in a whole new country

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
He has no interest in traveling soon..because he is working here in the army. I know i have to show extra POF because of the baby but i can leave her until i am ready.. I don’t want to be too exhausted especially with a child in a whole new country
You may want to contact daycares about waitlists and requirements once you are in Canada. As mentioned most daycares run during business hour so if you have classes in the evening or want to work an evening or on a weekend, you will need to find a babysitter or private home care.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The wording on immigration websites often leads to the confusion that dependents will be able to join international students in Canada or event those on a WP. If you look closely it is always conditional on them being approved and approval is not guaranteed.