+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can moving between provinces impact your application

ramlal

Jun 16, 2016
I landed as a PR in BC, stayed there for about a year and then moved to Manitoba for a decent job offer. Now I am thinking about moving back to BC due to better job offer I got from a company based in Vancouver. But I will be eligible to apply for citizenship in a year's time. So I was wondering whether switching between provinces again will increase my chance of getting a residence questionnaire (RQ) or delay my application processing in some other way. If that is the case, then I would prefer to stay put for a while before I move again. Any suggestion regarding this will be highly appreciated.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
It might, but there is no way to know. There is also no way to know if staying in Manitoba might cause the same thing. It all depends on the particular officer you draw and there is no way to know in advance. Historically, Manitoba has had very long processing times compared to other locations. Just do what is best for you personally and don't worry about the RQ. Just make sure you have a good application. If you have met the requirements and can prove it, you will eventually get citizenship--but not taking a job offer out of fear of an RQ you may or may not get is taking it too far....

canadaon

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramlal said:
I landed as a PR in BC, stayed there for about a year and then moved to Manitoba for a decent job offer. Now I am thinking about moving back to BC due to better job offer I got from a company based in Vancouver. But I will be eligible to apply for citizenship in a year's time. So I was wondering whether switching between provinces again will increase my chance of getting a residence questionnaire (RQ) or delay my application processing in some other way. If that is the case, then I would prefer to stay put for a while before I move again. Any suggestion regarding this will be highly appreciated.
It won't AFAIK - we landed in ON, moved to BC (for 1.5 years) and settled down in AB. My wife and kids already got their citizenship :)

leinadaniel

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ 12-06-2015
AOR Received.
02-09-2015
Med's Request
01-21-2016
Med's Done....
01-22-2016 RPRF 02-02-2016 PCC 02-11-2016
Passport Req..
03-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2016
LANDED..........
03-22-2016
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/citizens-who-moved-from-their-landing-province-share-your-experience-t415562.0.html

CANADAPATRIOT

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
ramlal said:
No! it won't but always try to get proof of rental place from your landlord. Many times people relocate but by the time they exchange health card and driver license etc they live in places where there is no rental receipt provided or lease paperwork signed such as privately owned houses, basement apartments etc and then when CIC issues residence questions by sending CIT 0520 or CIT 0171 it becomes whole lot of issue to collect documentary evidence. Here are the tips -

1) Try to get a letter from landlord if you are paying rent as a cash
2) Always keep a utility such as Shaw, Bell under your name at same address regardless how many provinces you relocate.
3) Keep all car rentals, greyhound tickets, air tickets while relocating in case if you are not driving your own vehicle.
4) If it is a long move and you are getting your car shipped, it is a good evidence of relocation case paperwork from shipping company will help.
5) Any GYM, Club membership in a province and its paperwork can help to deal with residence questions.